Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 5, 2017

Re: airplay delay/out of sync since latest update (soundtouch 20 / windows itunes / ipod touch)

Please provide update ASAP. This is ridiculous
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: airplay delay/out of sync since latest update (soundtouch 20 / windows itunes / ipod touch)

I agree. It is getting urgent that Bose correct this incredible situation. Thanks in advance for providing a solution SOON.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2017

Any update?

Updated a few days ago (Nov 16) and still not fix!!

As said earlier by someone - for the price you charge for products this delay in not consistent with your brand promise.

Gord

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2016

Hi there,

what is the status regarding "out of sync" I can not use my device (Soundtouch 20) before this is solved.

BR

Tom /Denmark

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

Bose Support,

I am not one to complain for the sake of it.  In fact, I've weathered quite a few bad updates but you've forced my hand to create an account as of today in this forum.

The issue in this thread might sound trivial (after all, you have treated it as such) but for certain customers, such as probably everyone in this thread, to not have our speakers work is crippling.  Imagine if this was a TV and a software update broke it--is it reasonable for a repair to take weeks?  Is it even reasonable to have such a bad software update in the first place?  I would return the TV out after a week and never buy that brand again.

And even if this was the only bad update it might be forgiveable (assuming you fix it).  But it isn't.  I lived through the update a year or so ago where airplay was broken and eventually fixed by adding the advanced setting of "airplay optimization."  Again, that was a bad few months.

So at this point, I am wondering how I return my three Soundtouch 30s ($600 each).  And to everyone in this thread, be advised that Sonos (the obvious king in this area) is finally adding airplay (techincally airplay 2) to all of their speakers.  Consider switching..

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I agree. News and hopefully a solution from Bose would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2017

Brent_B (moderator)

Please provide all these dissatisfied customers with details of how they can return their non working products for full refunds. Over 2 months since the update and we are tired of hearing "our engineers are aware of the problem, once we have a fix we will share it". You have missold your product and it is time for action. I would like a full refund please.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

I'm fairly sure the tech new sites will be interested in writing a story abou this. I'm drafting up an email to start sending out to them now.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2016

Bose will refund for all impacted SoundTouch gear with AirPlay capability

Hi everyone, it is Andrew in Australia.

Earlier this year when Bose mucked something up causing Airplay to delay starting for anywhere between 30 seconds to five minutes, I complained to Bose in Sydney.

I have a complete Bose installation - 2 x ST Portable, 3 x 20 s2, 1 x 30 s2, 2 x SA-4 and 1 ST120 (every room in the house has one).

They agreed to refund everything except the ST120 as this wasn't an Airplay capable device.

I just had to provide the receipts and they sent me a packing slip and shipping labels for the eight units worth about USD2000.

There was no argument. No fighting. Just an apology saying yes, we broke it. Send it all back we wil send you the cash. Wow!

And guess what happened, the day the email came through, so did a software update fixing the problem. I then lived happily ever after.... until this most recent bungle.

I don't get it. I also don;t get why they promise Alexa support and it doesn't come and they give every indication Apple Music support is coming and it doesn't. Sonos has both Alexa, Apple Music and Airplay2 is coming.

"WhAt iS hApPeNiNg" at Bose? It is really disappointing. When it works it is th e best. When it doesn't it is heartbreaking. I am trying to remain loyal, a I have been since 1989 but gee they make it hard.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 14, 2015

i wonder what the bose ceo would make of it all? i bet if he knew there wouldn't be a 6 week delay! and i don't know of any other equally large tech company to take so long to fix an issue that affects so many users