jbraner
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 15, 2017

analog output to a SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter - then wifi to another

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice. I have a slightly unconventional use case.

Can I connect an analog output (it's actually a mixer that receives audio from my computer's audio interface) to a SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter and then make a wifi connection to another SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter which is connected to my hifi amp (to it's input)?

In other words, I'd like to connect the mixer in one room - to my hifi - without running physical cables through my flat 😉

I don't want to stream directly from my computer (for various reasons), nor connect with a phone etc.

So - neither of my devices will know about the wireless connection, or run any special apps etc.

Basically, I need one Soundtouch device to be a "sender" and the other a "receiver".

I have a wifi network set up, but it's the connecting *in* to a SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter that has me worried. Will it stream to another SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter?

If this won't work - does anyone know something that will work? with good audio quality?

Thanks.

John B

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: analog output to a SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter - then wifi to another

Hi John,

Thanks for your post and the question.

The SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter is designed to receive SoundTouch and Bluetooth signals, but not to transmit them. This means that, although it is fine to connect an adapter to your HiFi system, connecting one to your mixer (as a transmitter) would not have the desired result.

In the past we have offered transmitter/receiver combinations, however this was only done in association with our larger home cinema solutions, all of which have been discontinued.

I hope this information helps.

Best regards

Ben

Mehr fühlen, mehr erleben.
Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg.
Highlighted
jbraner
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 15, 2017

Re: analog output to a SoundTouch® Wireless Link adapter - then wifi to another

Hi Ben,

I've got someone else from support telling me that this *is* possible (albeit beta) with the analog AUX input - and that he's actually tried it - so mixed messages.

I definitely don't want to blow £300 just to find out whether this works or not 😉

Maybe I can get my local shop to return them if they don't work...