frustrated-bose
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 9, 2016

apple music

I know this subject has been beaten to death but I still see no support to actually play my apple music. The sound touch app can not recognize the music downloaded on my library. I am more than frustrated with Bose and will be selling my sound touch speakers in favor of Sonos. while it is sad that I can not use a product I own and prefer, if Bose can not figure out how to include all music services then what is the point/ 
super frustrated and upset. 
33 REPLIES 33
Jaggieb
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 26, 2016

Re: apple music

. Create a hotspot internet connection from your phone. connect your computer to that internet connection
2. Connect Soundtouch bar to your computer thru micro USB cable. The computer will recognise the speaker and will connect wirelessly.
3. in your soundtouch app remove the library and then add services again. 
4. Wait for sometime for the library to sync
​5. Play music. if this works then your soundbar is working perfectly fine and you need to update your modem router.
6. To update router you need to do a hard reset of your router.
7. If you don't know how to do it then please ask your internet service provider to do it as you need to know Account Username and Password (received at the time of signing up for the service) to configure post reset.
8. Connect Soundtouch bar to your computer thru micro USB cable. The computer will recognise the speaker and will connect wirelessly.
9. in your soundtouch app remove the library and then add services again. 
10. Wait for sometime for the library to sync
11. Enjoy the music

Louby
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 1, 2016

My Apple Music is all stored on my iPad and iPhone...not a computer.  How do I play the my Apple Music through my Soundrouch 10?  I do not have a computer.   
octoroko
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

You can afford a Bose speaker but not a computer?

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Louby, 

You should be able to stream this to your SoundTouch 10 via Bluetooth. Here are steps on how to pair your device with the SoundTouch10. 

Thank you

1. Make the Bose system discoverable:
    1. Turn the Bose system on
    2. Press the Bluetooth|AUX button on the system or remote until the system display shows the Bluetooth icon: 
    3. While on the Bluetooth input, press and briefly hold (for about 2 seconds) the Bluetooth|AUX button to make the system discoverable. The system's Bluetooth icon will slowly flash blue while discoverable
  2. Select the Bose system with the Bluetooth device
    1. Place the Bluetooth device to be paired close to the system
    2. Enable Bluetooth in the device's settings
    3. In the device's Bluetooth settings, select "Add a new device" or "Search for devices" and wait for the device to search
    4. From the list of discovered devices that appears on the device, select "Bose SoundTouch"
    5. If the device requests a password/PIN, enter "0000" 

Once successfully paired, the Bluetooth icon on the Bose system will be lit solid and a chirping tone will emit from the system's speakers

Note: If the source is changed on the Bose system, the Bluetooth connection is dropped. When the system's Bluetooth input is re-selected, it will attempt to connect to the last paired device 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Indeed, very frustrating that Apple Music is not included in the SoundTouch subscription service. Selling off your Bose gear is one solution but check the math. The money you lose through depreciation can be offset by simply connecting via bluetooth or adding an Apple Airport Express. I did the latter and thoroughly enjoy my setup. 

Have you checked out the Apple site/stores lately. There are no SoundTouch systems aviailable, only bluetooth. That indicates to me that Apple Music will not be available as a subscription service on the Sound Touch platform anytime soon. In the meantime there are other solutions to get Apple Music on to your SoundTouch speakers. 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

>My Apple Music is all stored on my iPad and iPhone...not a computer. How do I play the my Apple Music through my Soundrouch 10? I do not have a computer.

Connect via Blue Tooth or add an Apple Airport Express - enjoy!

bricarter
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2016

Not beating a dead horse, raising a legit complaint...

Unless I'm missing something, responses are claiming bluetooth is the solution, but it is definitely not an option if you want to enjoy the Soundtouch technology the way it is supposed to be experienced.  I have Soundtouch 130 sound bar, (2) Soundtouch 10's and a Wireless link hooked up to my existing receiver. I can stream Pandora seamlessly throughout my house, on all speakers, it's awesome. If I want to stream one of my many playlists I've spent time curating over the years from Apple Muisc, I have to choose ONE of my speakers if I go through bluetooth? To me, that's not a solution. Find a way to make it work...

So please stop saying bluetooth is an option (again, unless I'm missing something) because you cannot stream to multiple devices via bluetooth, and that is the point of the SoundTouch technology.  I've already added a Music Library on Computer, but that only sync's about 50% of my songs per playlist for some reason. If you can somehow update the SoundTouch software to recognize ALL of the music coming from Apple Music, you'll have a solution. 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

>Unless I'm missing something, responses are claiming bluetooth is the solution, but it is definitely not an option if you want to enjoy the Soundtouch technology the way it is supposed to be experienced. 

The question I was responding to was specific to streaming Apple Music from an iPhone or iPad to one Sound Touch speaker. The solutions that I recommended (Bluetooth and Airport Express) work just fine.

Clearly at this time Bose does not support Apple Music and Play Everywhere. As you pointed out however, Bose does support Play Everywhere and Pandora, as well as a few other services quite nicely.

VasiliyKostin
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 7, 2017

I've bought Bose Soundtouch 10 today and was shocked that there is no apple music support, youtube, etc. I'll return this gadget tomorrow and will never buy something without AirPlay..