tomhafkamp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

aux rebroadcasting

Hello,

I was wondering if the aux rebroadcasting will be different when it gets updated.

What I mean is that its not what I expected from it at the moment. At the moment I've got to choose between a delay between my speakers or a video with audio that isn't synchrone. Is there a solution for me to solve this or is there a software update comming for this issue? I would like to hear from you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: aux rebroadcasting

Author Accepted Answer selected by tomhafkamp

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the question.  AUX rebroadcast is still in beta, so once the full feature is released it should have more options, and support more systems.  At this time, we don't have any specific information about what will be changed.

Thanks,

Brandon

9 REPLIES 9

Author Accepted Answer selected by tomhafkamp

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the question.  AUX rebroadcast is still in beta, so once the full feature is released it should have more options, and support more systems.  At this time, we don't have any specific information about what will be changed.

Thanks,

Brandon

QuilpieGuy
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

@Brandon_M

So does that mean, that your answer in this post is no longer correct/relevant?

Petterdirsel
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2017

We are having a similar problem, we have the TV plugged into the aux, as a single speaker it's perfect, when a stereo pair there's about a 5 second lag with what's showing on the TV.

Hi everyone,

To clarify, the original post is accurate. Due to architectural constraints, we do not expect that feature to change with the full release of this feature. Our apologies for the confusion.

Thank you

tomhafkamp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Hi,

Okay thats bad to hear. I'll wait on to see how this issue works out cuz I don't think anyone will use the 

aux rebroadcast if it works like this.. Anyway thanks for your respons Brent. 

Highlighted
4everSteve
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2017

I have to say this is very disappointing. I wanted to return my Bose equipment when I first bought it (about £1000 worth of equipment) but was promised that this feature was coming. I asked if it would do instantaneous rebroadcasting (as I was worried about WiFi latency), and was promised it was almost ready. Now that we are told the truth, it is too late to send them back for a refund. 

This is is very, very poor customer service, and not what I expected from Bose. I hope you are telling potential customers the truth now.

Dartholomew
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2017

Sorry Brandon. Just updated and installed the latest update to all three of my sound touch speakers. It had a description that said it would address the rebroadcast problems. Maybe you guys should just give up the idea. It still doesn’t work. Bose has little competition right now due to its high price tag and yet it stilll has to catch up to the real features that today’s consumer really needs. The ability to rebroadcast saves me having to purchase a Bluetooth transmitter just so I can listen over my $350.00 sound touch 20 from another room where my $500.00 sound touch 300 is located (the sound source) I am still a Bose customer having plunked down $125.00 for a Bose sound link micro which for some reason, cannot be merged with my sound touch network and requires its own app. Welcome to retail guys. Bose should be way way down this road by now. There is no way you can do this without issuing entirely new hardware to your existing customers to make this work properly. Right now, the lag is much worse than before at a whopping 5 seconds! Just give it up. No more promises.

tomhafkamp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Ik man its ridiculous. The only thing that keeps me from not swapping to sonos is that soundbar is already a couple of years old. 

I spent a lot of money on the system and im not even happy with it. When i get the chance to change to something else I'll do it. 

Dartholomew
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2017

It’s disappointing. When I purchased my system I wasn’t even considering the aux rebroadcast feature until I read about it from Bose. I am handicapped and spend a lot of my time in two rooms. I have sound touch in both. I have an RF wireless speaker attached to the tv which suits my needs right now since I have it in the kitchen. And so is my sound touch 20. It would be nice to have this feature work so I don’t have to buy a Bluetooth transmitter. Then there’s the latency issue on those. I have confidence that the folks at Bose will catch up to demand without sacrificing quality. I just hope they are making that kind of investment in their developers. As I mentioned before, I just splurged and bought the new Bose sound link micro after having gotten an email on it. When I asked for a demo, I was blown away! (Plugging your products here Bose). My Bose system is too expensive. It would be nice to replace my old RF speaker with it.