Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 23, 2016

can I sync my soundlink mini to my samsung smart tv?

Can I sync my soundlink mini to my samsung smart tv?
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: can I sync my soundlink mini to my samsung smart tv?

Hi Sharoan,

Note that most TV's can only receive audio via Bluetooth and not transmit it. Bluetooth features are often limited to accepting audio or control from a mobile device on the TV. Take a close look at whether your TV is being paired as an audio source or a destination.

If you determine you definitely have a TV which acts as a Bluetooth transmitter (for use with Bluetooth headphones, etc.) then this may be possible. The steps would be similar to pairing any other Bluetooth Device to the TV:

1. Turn the SoundLink Mini on
  2. Click the Bluetooth button once on top. The LED should flash blue to indicate pairing mode.
  3. In the TV's Bluetooth menu, scan for new devices.
  4. When the Bose speaker shows up in that search, use the TV remote to select it on the screen and pair to it.
  5. When pairing is complete, the speaker will play a tone and switch to a solid white Bluetooth LED to indicate it is connected.

If the SoundLink mini does not appear on the TV's Bluetooth list in step 4, these devices are not compatible.
Thank you for the question. 
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2016

Hi,
Can I connect my Bose Soundlink Mini II to the TV via RCA red and white with the AUX of the Bose? 
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Jorgemellac,

We have responded to your individual post here.

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 5, 2016

I have a samsung SUHD TV 639D, but not sure how to find the Bluetooth Menu?