Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rantanplanix
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

can't added soundtouch 30 to my account

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

bose soundtouch 30 series iii

Country

spain

Firmware Version

I don't know. I can't see it

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Iphone 11 (ios 14.2), huawei mate 20, tablet android 9, ipad air 4 generation(ios 14.1), huawei p9 lite

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

can't add st30 to my account

What environment do you experience the issue in?

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? 

December 11 I received the st30. This is my first time owning a bose device. First time I have the application

Any troubleshooting steps you took

- reset done
- hard reset done
- The application detects the speaker, I select ethernet, I change the name, but when I want to add the st30 to my account a window appears saying that it cannot be done

if the st30 can't be added to my account, there's no point keeping it. Then I would have to return it.

Can someone help me to fix the problem?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: can't added soundtouch 30 to my account

Author Accepted Answer selected by rantanplanix

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

@MarcelC74, As you mentioned the setup fails when you try and add the speaker to your account, is this also after you give the speaker a name that the setup fails? If so, it's likely that your speaker needs to be updated, if the firmware version on the speaker and the app version are too far apart, it can cause problems adding the speaker to your account after the naming stage of the setup.

You'll both be able to update your speakers by following the steps shown at THIS link. I tend to find the USB cable method on the page the easiest to complete, so I would recommend starting with those steps.

Make sure you do get the correct update file for your speaker as there are a few listed, and if you attempt to install the wrong file the update will not go through. If you are unsure of the exact model of your speaker you can check this with our Product Identifier.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Tegan_M

Hello,

Very sorry to hear that you are unable to get your SoundTouch 30 III connected to the SoundTouch app. 

We appreciate you taking the time to perform some troubleshooting already. 

Are you trying to use a Ethernet connection opposed to a WiFi set up? Can you also let us know if you have any particular error codes when you're unable to initiate a connection?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
MarcelC74
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

I have the same issue with my Soundtouch 20 III. I try to complete the setup but when it has to be added to my account it completely fails after a few minutes. When I check the speaker I can see it has an IP adress etc. and I can also make connection to it with a browser but thats it.

I tried the app on Android (Galaxy S7 - A71 - Tab2)/PC (3 different laptops) but on all I get the same reply. It's doing the same with ethernet connection. I have done multiple resets on the ST20 and firmware updates. It seems to be a problem with adding the speaker on the account.

I didn't bought it to be only a bleutooth speaker.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@MarcelC74 @rantanplanix 

Check that you are joining using the same networks.

MarcelC74
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

I am using the same networks. It doesn't matter if I try to use my 2.4Ghz of 5Ghz network. But the problem is also with a ethernet cable.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by rantanplanix

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

@MarcelC74, As you mentioned the setup fails when you try and add the speaker to your account, is this also after you give the speaker a name that the setup fails? If so, it's likely that your speaker needs to be updated, if the firmware version on the speaker and the app version are too far apart, it can cause problems adding the speaker to your account after the naming stage of the setup.

You'll both be able to update your speakers by following the steps shown at THIS link. I tend to find the USB cable method on the page the easiest to complete, so I would recommend starting with those steps.

Make sure you do get the correct update file for your speaker as there are a few listed, and if you attempt to install the wrong file the update will not go through. If you are unsure of the exact model of your speaker you can check this with our Product Identifier.

Let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

MarcelC74
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

I updated the speakers with the latest firmware. It goes wrong when it has to name the speaker. When I start the setup again and say that my speaker is allready connected to a network it recognizes the name that I gave it. When it starts to add it again and it goes wrong again. I did the same setup 6 months ago and there was no problem at all, but since the last update from the app it does.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@MarcelC74 wrote:

I updated the speakers with the latest firmware. It goes wrong when it has to name the speaker. When I start the setup again and say that my speaker is allready connected to a network it recognizes the name that I gave it. When it starts to add it again and it goes wrong again. I did the same setup 6 months ago and there was no problem at all, but since the last update from the app it does.

Delete the old name, log out of SoundTouch, log back in, rename the speaker. 

MarcelC74
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

You can't login on the account without adding your speaker. So I can't delete it.