Highlighted
rbillips
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2018

cannot connect wave soundtouch to a dvd player, no sound

I have a TV, DVD player, and a Bose Wave SoundTouch. I cannot get my DVD player to have sound thru the Bose. I can get sound and video thru my TV but what cord and what color do I put in the Aux plug on the Bose and where does it go on the DVD player? I assume it goes in to Digital Audio Out on DVD but still no sound!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: cannot connect wave soundtouch to a dvd player, no sound

Hi rbillips,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having.

The Wave SoundTouch AUX connection is an analog connection, so we'll need to use the red and white audio connections from the DVD player to a 3.5mm stereo male connection (something like THIS).

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
rbillips
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2018

Brandon,

I was able to get the connection working between my DVD player and Bose. However, the sound is not as loud as I was expecting. I was also told I can connect my DVD player to my TV using only video to video, then connect my TV to the Bose using the same connection method as you recommended. Do you think this would work and allow for more volume?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi rbillips,

This might work depending on what you have for audio outputs on the TV. If you only have an optical out or digital out, you will need to look for an Digital to Analog converter box to put in between the TV and Wave system.

Regards,

Joel - Bose Support