Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Balbany
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

error 4501

Unable to listen to heart I’m radio keeps appearing with error 4501.

i have reset all devices and my router and deleted and reinstalled the Bose sound link app and still refuses to work, I can stream straight from radios website.

any other suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nachol
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Re: error 4501

Author Accepted Answer selected by Balbany

Hello,

I contacted TuneIn and was informed that the broadcaster--Global Radio--decided to limit the radio stream access to listeners in the UK territories only. This is a rather unusual explanation since I can still listen to all Global Radio stations using the Global Radio mobile app. The good news is you can still listen to Heart Radio (London) and Capital FM (London).

1. Go to Bose SoundTouch app.

2. Select "Settings."

3. Select "Stream Custom Radio URL."

4. Enter the stream URLs and names for Heart Radio and Capital FM, which are as follows.

Heart Radio - http://media-ice.musicradio.com/HeartLondonMP3

Capital FM - http://media-ice.musicradio.com/CapitalMP3

5. Select "Stream Station."

6. Replace the existing preset stations with your custom stations.

The stream URLs are publicly available from http://media-ice.musicradio.com/. If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Best regards,

Nachol

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Charlotte_G

Hello Balbany,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty streaming the radio on your system.

Could you please confirm which speaker you have and which service you are using?

Is this isolated to one station or the whole service?

I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Balbany
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

I have sound touch 30, I can get bbc radio and local radio

Charlotte_G

Hello Balbany,

Thanks for confirming this.

Is this through RadioPlayer or TuneIn?

Is it Heart FM that you're receiving this error with?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Balbany
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

It’s through Tune in its with heart radio and capital fm radio

Charlotte_G

Hi Balbany,

I have just tested this here and can confirm that I was able to successfully play the stations through TuneIn. Therefore, it seems to be an issue isolated to your system or connection. 

Could you please ensure that your SoundTouch 30 is running the latest firmware? This can be done by visiting here Manually updating your SoundTouch system.

Which kind of reset have you performed? Factory default or a power reset?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Balbany
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Yes it’s running the latest software and only stopped working when I done the update. I’ve done a power rest on Bose unit and with my wifi router. Also tried deleting and reinstalling the app, I just tried it and still unable to get heart uk

Charlotte_G

Hi Balbany,

Thanks for letting me know. Let's go ahead and factory reset your speaker. To do this, please visit this article and follow the instructions. Restore factory defaults to your SoundTouch 30.

Please also delete the speaker from your SoundTouch app and then re-add once the reset is complete.

Let me know if this is successful for you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Balbany
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Still is not finding heart uk or capital London. I’m In Australia but surely I should be able to listen still since update as I was 4days ago before update

Nachol
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Balbany

Hello,

I contacted TuneIn and was informed that the broadcaster--Global Radio--decided to limit the radio stream access to listeners in the UK territories only. This is a rather unusual explanation since I can still listen to all Global Radio stations using the Global Radio mobile app. The good news is you can still listen to Heart Radio (London) and Capital FM (London).

1. Go to Bose SoundTouch app.

2. Select "Settings."

3. Select "Stream Custom Radio URL."

4. Enter the stream URLs and names for Heart Radio and Capital FM, which are as follows.

Heart Radio - http://media-ice.musicradio.com/HeartLondonMP3

Capital FM - http://media-ice.musicradio.com/CapitalMP3

5. Select "Stream Station."

6. Replace the existing preset stations with your custom stations.

The stream URLs are publicly available from http://media-ice.musicradio.com/. If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Best regards,

Nachol

View solution in original post