hjortness
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2017

fire 10 tablet and soundtouch

I can get the speaker to play with the tablet on the bluetooth setting, but when it disconnects randomly, I can't ask Alexa to connect, like it says she will with the echo dot.  I have to reconnect from settings on the tablet.   ??is this normal??  does bluetooth always just disconnect itself?   have I installed the Alexa app wrong?  

2 REPLIES 2
Rock Dancing
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Re: fire 10 tablet and soundtouch

It is also my experience that you can't establish the bluetooth connection to SoundTouch on the Fire tablet through Alexa.  However, if you leave your bluetooth open on the Fire and on your speaker and they disconnect because you've walked too far away, the connection should be re-estabilished when you return.  I use mine with the ST20, and when I come back with my tablet, the ST display will show the bluetooth symbol and the last thing I played on my tablet (although it usually isn't playing that sound anymore because the video/music/whatever already ended).  If you've changed to another source (like internet radio), your options to switching to bluetooth are: using the button on the speaker, the remote, or through the ST app on your tablet.

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: fire 10 tablet and soundtouch

Hi hjortness,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having with bluetooth.

When Bluetooth disconnects, does the screen on the front of your SoundTouch change?  

Which SoundTouch system do you have?

How often does it disconnect?

Thanks,

Brandon