Highlighted
scowley71
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

i am having big problems with connecting to the Bose server, and linking my iTunes to the soundtouch

Hi all

Before i get a sledge hammer to this infuriating speaker - can anyone help me. I am no computer expert, and maybe missing something, ..

everytime i try and use the Soundtouch app on my MAC, it always says cant connect to the Bose server, and i cant link my itunes to the system.

i have set the advanced access on my itunes preferences, uninstalled and reinstalled the soundtouch app several times, and still it doesnt work,,, is there anyone out there who can help me please?

thanks

Sarah

2 REPLIES 2
Xavier28
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Re: i am having big problems with connecting to the Bose server, and linking my iTunes to the soundt

Same here. I can't use the SoundTouch App on my iPhone or on my PC.

It comes back with a 401 error "We can't connect to the Bose server right now".

Reinstalling the app does not solve the issue.

My SoundTouch devices are spread over multiple locations, each using a different ISP.
This is not a name resolution issue (DNS) as I have read it in some forum message.
I checked this by taking network traces, and url names sought after are correctly resolved.

Any help would be appreciated.

Xavier28
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Re: i am having big problems with connecting to the Bose server, and linking my iTunes to the soundt

For what it's worth: I managed to regain somehow control over my account: on my PC I forced a password change. After that, the application still gives me the same error message, however, I can now use the app on my iPhone. Go figure...