Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMG1
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

iPhone 11 pro won't pair with SoundTouch speaker

I've just bought an iPhone 11 pro and it won't pair with my portable SoundTouch speaker. I saw that there might have been a Bose software update on the app. but I have downloaded the app (didn't need it to pair before), and it wants me to use wireless or ethernet. Is there something I am missing, a mistake I  made? Hope someone knows the answer. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Sam_F

Re: iPhone 11 pro won't pair with SoundTouch speaker

Hi @AMG1,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you're experiencing connect your iPhone 11 to the SoundTouch speaker that you own. If you're looking to make a connection purely via Bluetooth, you will not need the app to do this. The app will help to update the speaker to the latest firmware which can help for future bug fixes and feature updates.

If you're looking to make the connection via Bluetooth, make sure your phone has Bluetooth enabled and your speaker is in Bluetooth pairing mode. Holding the Bluetooth button on the speaker will put your speaker into this mode - you'll either see a flashing blue light or the Bluetooth icon displaying on the speaker display, depending on the system you have.

If you're looking to connect the speaker to WiFi to operate through the SoundTouch app, then you'll have to have the speaker is set up mode. To do this, press and hold the number two and volume down buttons on the speaker at the same time for about 5-10 seconds. You'll notice an amber light above the WiFi icon or an amber WiFi logo on the display, depending on the system you own. Once you see this, go into the app and select 'WiFi' as a method of set up.

Give either of those steps a try and let me know how it goes.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Shelly Legit
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

I’ve done all of these steps several times & it still won’t pair (to my iphone 11pro) thanks!

Shelly Legit
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2020

Note: my iphone 11 pro has successfully paired with my Bose Soundwear & Soundsport headphones. The SoundTouch is the only product that won’t appear in the list. It popped up once but disappeared before I could even tap it on & it’s not reappeared since over multiple attempts on multiple days. Thanks!

Hector_B

Hey Shelly Legit, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that you are also having this issue. 

Can you please confirm if you are having issues with connecting the speaker to Wi-Fi or to the phone via Bluetooth? If you could please also let me know which speaker you have this would be very helpful. 

If you have any other mobile devices can you please also attempt to connect them to the SoundTouch product to see if the issue persists? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Marc Mosman
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

I’m having the same issue- just bought IPhone 11 Promax and it will not connect to my soundtouch home theater via Bluetooth.  I can play music through the app on my home theater from my phone but am not able to play my iTunes music library.  The soundtouch does not appear in my available device list to pair via Bluetooth.  Help please.

brooke4rider
Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2020

I am having the same issue, so frustrated. I can’t connect my new iPhone 11 Pro Max via Bluetooth to my Bose Soundtouch 10 and I just bought the speaker last year... I can’t even get my phone to connect via WiFi or through the Bose app either. This issue needs fixed! I’ve tried everything as well