Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crobbie
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

iTunes Library not connecting to Soundtouch App - Windows 10

Hi
I'm trying to connect my iTunes library to my SoundTouch app on my Windows 10 PC and it isn't working. 

When I add the library I get two libraries appearing on the app screen. When I click into the first library it has an error message "We couldn't find any tracks..." (6302).

When I click into the second library it has an error message "HMM... Looks like your music library isn't available right now...." (6304)

It has been like this for a couple of hours. I found another help topic where the user was advised to turn on Media Sharing in Windows 10.  I followed the instructions but they appeared to be for an earlier version of Windows 10 (?) and so I wasn't able to follow them to the letter. I have also followed the instructions to turn on the iTunes XML file sharing and that looks correct now. 

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Crobbie
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Re: iTunes Library not connecting to Soundtouch App - Windows 10

Author Accepted Answer selected by Crobbie

Hi Brandon, 

It turned out that I had my iTunes collection in a different folder than it was expecting - I moved my collection to the iTunes Music folder (i.e. the default one iTunes uses) then added that folder to my iTunes library in iTunes and then left both apps open and running on my pc overnight.  When I came back in the morning it had worked and the music was all available in my soundtouch.

It might be helpful to add a section to the help files to tell people exactly where the music needs to be stored in order to work. 

Crobbie

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Crobbie,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having with adding a music library.

The 6304 error tells us that the music library is not able to be seen by the SoundTouch App or the SoundTouch system itself.  You are able to play other sources to your SoundTouch, right?

If you go into Settings>About>[your system] in the SoundTouch app, what is the RSSI value of your SoundTouch?

Is the music located on your computer?  Is it possibly on a separate USB hard drive, or maybe stored in the iTunes Cloud?

Thanks!

-Brandon

Crobbie
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Crobbie

Hi Brandon, 

It turned out that I had my iTunes collection in a different folder than it was expecting - I moved my collection to the iTunes Music folder (i.e. the default one iTunes uses) then added that folder to my iTunes library in iTunes and then left both apps open and running on my pc overnight.  When I came back in the morning it had worked and the music was all available in my soundtouch.

It might be helpful to add a section to the help files to tell people exactly where the music needs to be stored in order to work. 

Crobbie

View solution in original post