Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Txemi
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2016

iTunes Library not connecting to my soundtouch 10

I've just bought 2 sound touch 10, and I've been installing them this evening. The problem came when I tried to add music from my Imac. I selected ITunes and my music library, but nothing seems to happen. I've checked my computer an the sound touch are in the same network,  share my library.XML is activated in advanced preferences, but nothing happens. Is doesn't show any error, is just that it comes back to the previous screen, where spotify, deeper or internet radio shows, but there's no trace of my ITunes library. 
Can you please give me any help? Is there a phone number where I can call? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
This widget could not be displayed.
Txemi
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2016

Re: iTunes Library not connecting to my soundtouch 10

I´m not sure about what you mean by “power cycle” your sound touch. I´ve reset i t several times and reinstalled it again, I´ve pressed the “aux” button for 15 seconds and I´ve pressed “2” and “-“ for 10 seconds, reinstalling the Soundtouch again after everyone of these tries… But it doesn’t seem like mi sound touch can access to my iTunes library.
After pressing “1” and “-“ and re-installing my device… things have not change and music Library keeps being unreachable…  If power Cycle is not one of the things I mentioned before, please, explain me how to do it!!
By the way!! XML file is located in /Users/Txemi/Music/iTunes. It´s there by default!!
It seems like the soundtouch music server is not working...
Any other idea?
I bought these devices because they could be used with my computer´s music library, amazon Music, Spotify and sirius XM
After buying and installing them, I found out Spotify can only be used if you have a premium account, SiriusXM and amazon music are not available in Spain and My computer´s music library seems  to be unreachable for the sountouch... I feel Cheated and frustrated!!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Txemi, 
Many apologies that you are experiencing this issue. If you wish to contact us by phone to resolve this our phone numbers are available here: https://www.soundtouch.com/support 
Please try to reboot your computer, as well as power cycling the SoundTouch 10 and your router. 
In addition, if you have a firewall enabled, please add the exception for our app or temporarily disable it and re-test. 

Thank you 
Txemi
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2016

I don´t have a firewall enabled, and I´ve already rebooted my computer several times. After reading your answers to some others similar problems, I´ve observed I don´t have an icon for the soundtouch music server, but I´m not sure if that should happen in an Imac...
Otherwise, Airplay can´t detect the Soundtouch as a loudspeaker....

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Thank you for clarifying and letting me know what you’ve tried. The SoundTouch icon did appear on older versions of the app, but is no longer visible with your version; so that is normal.  Also, the SoundTouch 10 will not be detected by Airplay. Our older series of systems were compatible with Airplay, but our newer ones use Bluetooth instead.

Can you check to see if your XML file is in the default location on your Mac? This should be located in the iTunes folder in Music. The complete file path would be Go > Home > Music > iTunes
We’ve seen similar issues when the XML file was moved to another location.

Can you also try to power cycle the SoundTouch 10? If that doesn’t work, can you factory default the SoundTouch 10 to see if that corrects the issue? Factory default steps are listed HERE.

Thank you

This widget could not be displayed.
Txemi
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2016

I´m not sure about what you mean by “power cycle” your sound touch. I´ve reset i t several times and reinstalled it again, I´ve pressed the “aux” button for 15 seconds and I´ve pressed “2” and “-“ for 10 seconds, reinstalling the Soundtouch again after everyone of these tries… But it doesn’t seem like mi sound touch can access to my iTunes library.
After pressing “1” and “-“ and re-installing my device… things have not change and music Library keeps being unreachable…  If power Cycle is not one of the things I mentioned before, please, explain me how to do it!!
By the way!! XML file is located in /Users/Txemi/Music/iTunes. It´s there by default!!
It seems like the soundtouch music server is not working...
Any other idea?
I bought these devices because they could be used with my computer´s music library, amazon Music, Spotify and sirius XM
After buying and installing them, I found out Spotify can only be used if you have a premium account, SiriusXM and amazon music are not available in Spain and My computer´s music library seems  to be unreachable for the sountouch... I feel Cheated and frustrated!!!

View solution in original post

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Txemi,

Can you try to set all 6 of your presets to something new? Please keep note of what you currently have set, so that you can set them back after the test. After you’ve set these to new sources, please try to remove and re-add your music library and re-test.

It may seem a bit strange, but we have seen instances where the data from presets has been corrupt and caused this exact issue.

Thank you