Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
torbjorn
Registered since

Nov 12, 2014

iTunes Match music that is downloaded, is it assignable and playable through the app?

Hello
I understand that iTunes Match comming from iCloud is not possible to stream through the SoundTouch app, or to assign to a preset button.  However, is it possible to play my iTuses Match downloaded music library on my mac via the app without using airplay, and also to assign it to a preset button?
Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
Mike_Hyman
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 6, 2014

Re: iTunes Match music that is downloaded, is it assignable and playable through the app?

Hello torbjorn,
The only way to play music that is saved in the cloud wirelessly through your SoundTouch is with AirPlay.  The SoundTouch app will not be able to see the music unless it is saved locally, so you would not be able to assign it to a preset.
torbjorn
Registered since

Nov 12, 2014

Re: iTunes Match music that is downloaded, is it assignable and playable through the app?

Hello again. My question was oposite, that is: iTunes Match files ON MY MAC, downloaded from iCloud, can these files in a playlist or album be assigned a button and accesed via the app?  Thanks for answering. 
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

torbjorn,

The only content which can be played through the app is the general iTunes library. These are the collection of songs which have been imported to the library from CD, Purchased online, or otherwise added to the library in a compatible file-format. (a list of compatible formats can be found here). They must also be on the local drive and not in iCloud.

iTunes Match content generally cannot be played through SoundTouch app regardless of whether it is being streamed online or saved to the drive for offline use. This is also true of dynamically generated iTunes content such as "genius" playlists. As Mike mentioned above, AirPlay would be the best and only way to get this content playing through the SoundTouch speaker. 
Hope this clears things up. Thank you.

Wilco99
Registered since

May 10, 2016

What about iTunes Match tracks in the cloud that have been previously 'matched' to tracks that you actually own (either music purchased online or CDs), and downloaded from the Cloud (not the CD)?  These are distinguished separately on iTunes - does Soundtouch understand the difference?  Airplay does not appear to be an option on Soundtouch 10.