Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2017

iTunes music controls everything

Hello,

I don't know whether it's since mac OSX high sierra or since an update for the SoundTouch10, but when I play music from my MacBook connected to the SoundTouch10, all the other sound-sources (YouTube, SoundCloud...) are controlled by iTunes. When I watch for example a YouTube video and stop my music to watch it, the YouTube video goes on but the sound is gone. When I play the music from iTunes again, the sound of the YouTube video or any other sound source is also back again.

Is there any option to cut this connection between iTunes and all other sources?

Thank you.

- Timo

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: iTunes music controls everything

Hi Timo,

Thank you for your inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about this issue. For clarification, how are you connecting your MacBook to the SoundTouch 10? Are you using Bluetooth, or are you using the SoundTouch desktop app to play your iTunes music library? 

Does this issue happen at all when the SoundTouch 10 is no longer connected? 

Please provide us with these additional details and we'll be happy to further assist with troubleshooting!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2017

I‘m using Bluetooth and no, as soon as I disconnect the issue is resolved. I also tried another Bluetooth speaker and the issue didn‘t appear. So it‘s not a Problem of my streaming device.

Think you for your help.
- Timo
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi Timo,

Curiously have you tried to clear the pairing list on the MacBook as well as the SoundTouch 10, then re-pair the two? You can clear the pairing list on the SoundTouch 10 by opening the SoundTouch application>Menu>Settings>Speaker Settings>SoundTouch 10>Bluetooth>Clear Pairing List. Once the pairing list has been cleared, re-connect the system to the computer and re-test.

If the above does not resolve the issue, let's try to factory default the system and set it back up on the SoundTouch account. You can do this by following the instructions linked below:

Restoring factory defaults

Also, what is the OSX version of the MacBook? You can find this out by clicking on the apple logo in the top left hand corner and choosing "About this Mac". It would also be helpful to find out which version of iTunes you are currently running.

Let us know how the above goes and we can take it from there! Thanks!

-Michael