Highlighted
Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

iTunes - no songs in library / error 6302?

Hi - recently, every time in the app I try to go to my music library  I am getting error 6302, which says cannot find any tracks in my music library yet.  

I've tried: 

rebooting PC (Windows 10)
removing my music library and adding it back in the app 
uninstalling the app from my PC and installing it again   
adding songs to iTunes and waiting 15-20 minutes for something to happen

No scanning of my library ever seems to be happening (no CPU usage by any of the Bose processes).  If I right click on the SoundTouch icon in the system tray, there's an option there to sync the library, but its always grayed out.  

I used to be able to get in to my music library to play songs (though I have had some other issues with missing songs and playlists, it at least worked somewhat), but now nothing.  How can I fix this please?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: iTunes - no songs in library / error 6302?

Hi Marty K,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the music library issues, but I'd be happy to help!

• Since this issue, has the network and speakers been rebooted?
  • If you open the task manager, under processes, do you see that the SoundTouch helper is running?
  • Did anything change like a new router or updates to a third party firewall?

Let us know so we can further assist

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply.  

I changed to a new router about two months ago, I don't use iTunes with SoundTouch that often but I am pretty sure this has worked since the router was changed.

No firewall changes as far as I am aware.  I use Norton Internet Security and haven't changed its configuration, so unless any sort of automatic update has happened, nothing has changed here either.  I do see SoundTouchHelper.exe running in task manager.  Router and speaker have been rebooted since this started happening.  

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Marty,

Thanks for the update!  Just to confirm, all other services are working well?  Also, have you been able to uninstall the app and reinstall it back on the PC?  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Marty K.
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

Hi again - yes, I removed the SoundTouch software via the Add or Remove Programs part of Windows 10, downloaded it again and reinstalled it.  Didn't make any difference unfortunately.  All the other music services I have seem to be working correctly.  The only other issues I am having with SoundTouch at the moment are sometimes sporadic speaker detection in the app, and on this PC trying to group speakers sometimes doesn't work, like the app UI will look like the speaker has been added to the group, but on the speaker I tried to add, nothing changes i.e. just continues to show the clock and no music plays.  

Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Marty,

Thanks for the update.  I would recommend reaching out to your local support team to check out some settings in the PC to see if we can isolate where the issue is.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom.  It's a bit difficult to identify the exact issue without seeing it first hand and they should be able to start a remote desktop session to see exactly what's happening here.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A