Warguello5113
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

intermittent sound sound touch 300

Hello,

so i continue to have an issue. From time to time, the audio will cut out intermittently. 

Setup as follows:

Soundtouch 300 soundbar + acustimass 300-wirelessly connected about 2-3 feet 

Xbox one s, Samsung 8 series 65 in flat tv

(bose connected via ARC)

I have the latest update via the app. Would the speaker be defective or something else?

I gets frustrating while watching something and the audio starts cutting out for about 5-8 minutes at a time.

-Washington

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: intermittent sound sound touch 300

Hi Washington,

Does the audio cut out both from SoundTouch sources as well as audio from your Xbox or just form one of them? If this is only happening with SoundTouch sources, can you try to power cycle your router and the soundbar to see if that helps? Is your soundbar connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet? Which SoundTouch source do you notice the audio drop out with? Does it happen with Internet radio?

If this is happening with your Xbox and ARC, can you try to re-seat your HDMI cables? Are you using the cable that came with the SoundTouch 300 for the ARC connection or your own? Have you tried our cable? When the audio cuts out, does a reboot of your TV bring the audio back? If you connect an optical cable from your TV to the soundbar, does the sound still cut out? 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Warguello5113
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

Hello, I'll answer to the best I can:

Does the audio cut out both from SoundTouch sources as well as audio from your Xbox or just form one of them?

It's happened on the xbox and amazon firestick

If this is only happening with SoundTouch sources, can you try to power cycle your router and the soundbar to see if that helps?

I've tried this multiple times and experience the same.

Is your soundbar connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

Wi-Fi

Which SoundTouch source do you notice the audio drop out with?

The audio cuts in and out while on HDMI 1 and 2 (Soundtouch connection is on ARC HDMI 3)

Does it happen with Internet radio?  

I have not experienced any loss with internet radio, yet.

If this is happening with your Xbox and ARC, can you try to re-seat your HDMI cables?

I have tried this and still experience the audio cutting in and out.

Are you using the cable that came with the SoundTouch 300 for the ARC connection or your own? Have you tried our cable?

Yes, I am only using the Cables for connected to ARC from bose. The HDMI from xbox to samsung is monster.

When the audio cuts out, does a reboot of your TV bring the audio back?

No, the audio remains to cut in and out with a reboot of the tv.

If you connect an optical cable from your TV to the soundbar, does the sound still cut out? 

I have not tried this option as i'd prefer ARC.

Highlighted
AGT
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hey,

I was having the same problem with intermittent sound when I watched 4K content but not when I lowered the resolution to 1080. I tried everything and at the end what worked for me was to buy a new HDMI cable for the soundtouch ARC. I noticed that my streaming device was at 4K 50HZ and I had a great cable for that connected to the tv but as a last option I purchased the same cable for the soundtouch and all the problems disappeared, maybe the Bose cable isnt that good. Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Warguello5113
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

Hey thanks for the input. It seems to have been stable after the last couple updates. I'll deff try ur advise if i have any issue. I will update otherwise.

Highlighted
Scottingram1
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Also try changing Audio to English instead of English 5.1

Highlighted
peterh
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 9, 2017

Hi, I have recently purchased a Soft Touch 300 sound bar and bass module.

The Soundbar is connected to the internet via ethernet wifi connection was difficult to achieve and maintain.

I have been experiencing the following faults:

constant, irregular, drop out when connected via blue tooth to imac - using spotify

constant, irregular, drop out when wifi connected to ipad and iphone - using spotify

constant irregular, television shut down - HDMI connection TV - Samsung UHDTV

any thoughts or do i need to return to retailer for a refund?

Thank you

Peter H

Highlighted
AGT
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

I had a similar issue and then I updated the TV´s software and it got solved.

Highlighted
Warguello5113
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2016

I'm sad to say but you're better off returning. It'll save you the headache. I've had my 10 months and still experience issues.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi peterh, 

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with the SoundTouch 300 system. We'd be happy to assist!

First, for the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity issues. Are these dropouts only occurring with Spotify, or have you experienced these dropouts while using other audio applications as well?

As for the irregular TV shutdown, I'd recommend toggling some of the SoundTouch 300's CEC settings. Try all 3 settings, and see if one of them resolves this issue:

1. Locate the HDMI-CEC setting in the SoundTouch app. 
  2. In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  3. To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  4. Press the X in the upper right to close the window

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian