Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2018

issue streaming online radio box station (club 80's with DJ Bueller) to sa-4 systems

I have three sa-4 systems that I play daily with presets and also with Alexa. I wanted to play an online radio box station and have spent a great deal of time trying to connect phone with the app to the sa-4 systems. The instructions said to pair them using the bluetooth symbol in the speaker setting but there isnt one? I also tried to find the station in the Bose search tool and was undable to do so. Lve the SoundTouch system and love Bose. Please provide some insight and guidance if you have a solution. Thank you all for your help. 

btw- computer is a mid 2011 MacBook Air with latest OS

phone is an iphone 6 with latest OS

no updates showing on the SoundTouch app in either place. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: issue streaming online radio box station (club 80's with DJ Bueller) to sa-4 systems

Hi wagoner00

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry to hear about the connectivity issues, but would be glad to help! 

The SA-4 came with our Wireless SoundTouch adapter that supports Airplay vs Bluetooth.  Since you have a MacBook Air and iPhone, this would work great actually as you won't be restricted to the 30ft Bluetooth range, but more dependent on the strength of the router.  

HERE is a link to show how this is accomplished.  There is a restriction that you cannot group or play all with Airplay as this is a proprietary Apple technology.   

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support