insaro
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

looking for Soundtouch portable manual software

Hello! I am in Australia, I have just purchased the SOundtouch Portable device. the device has locked up with a phantom 'installing update' message - failed attempt to update the firmware via my wifi router. I have read on BOSE webpage that I can insert a usb into the set up micro USB port (using a female USB to micro USB cord) and press the right buttons! it looks like the device will accept me doing this, I just need to find the software!!!! does anyone know where it is? i want to make sure it is for soundtouch portable. thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: looking for Soundtouch portable manual software

Author Accepted Answer selected by insaro

Hi insaro,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If you are looking to manually update your SoundTouch Portable, you can find the instructions on how to do this, and the update file, on our website HERE. The USB cable method you have mentioned is the one I find to be the easiest and most effective way to update manually, so follow the steps for that and you'll be ready to go!

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: looking for Soundtouch portable manual software

Author Accepted Answer selected by insaro

Hi insaro,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If you are looking to manually update your SoundTouch Portable, you can find the instructions on how to do this, and the update file, on our website HERE. The USB cable method you have mentioned is the one I find to be the easiest and most effective way to update manually, so follow the steps for that and you'll be ready to go!

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post