Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaihitretzii
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

more than 2 wireless speakers?

Hi all,

i was wander if there is any point in connecting more than 2 wireless surround speakers. currently I have the 700 with 2 rear speakers mounted to the ceiling. Wonder if i put 2 extra on the floor if that would make for a better experience?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: more than 2 wireless speakers?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

No.  The soundbar  700 can accept 1 pair of wireless rears and a maximum of 2 Bass modules.

Bose go about it a different way.  Where other brands will place other speakers, Bose uses reflected sound (in this case from the soundbar) to give you sound from where there are no speakers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

No.  The soundbar  700 can accept 1 pair of wireless rears and a maximum of 2 Bass modules.

Bose go about it a different way.  Where other brands will place other speakers, Bose uses reflected sound (in this case from the soundbar) to give you sound from where there are no speakers.

View solution in original post

Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @gaihitretzii and welcome to the Bose Community!

As noted correctly by @Morlock the Soundbar 700 can connect to 2 surround speakers (1 pair) to fill the Rear Left and Rear Right channels. The Soundbar would then play the front 3 channels. You can also use the optional bass modules for accessories. 

As Morlock also noted, this Soundbar uses Phase-guides to help reflect sound around the room where there are no speakers to enhance the audio performance. You can also calibrate the audio using our AdaptIQ process should you want to improve the audio experience in certain locations!

I'm sure many members of our Community have their own preferences to where these speakers should be setup, and I would recommend that they chip in here to give you an idea of the options you have available!

Please let me know if you have any other questions 😊.

Liam W - Community Support