Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seanmier
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

"Give us a minute to find your speaker..."

Hey everyone,

I have three SoundTouch speakers: a 300 Soundbar Surround System and 2 SoundTouch 10s. When they work, I have really been a fan of the SoundTouch system, but I am starting to lose faith pretty quickly.

I have been having a lot of issues with the speakers losing their connection and going offline, even though none of them are very far from our router.

Tonight, I ran the firmware update on all of them, and for 20-30 minutes, things were fantastic. All of the speakers were working well and were very responsive. But now... I'm back to the ole "Give us a minute to find your speaker..." which of course never takes just a minute and I end up giving up before it will actually connect. I do think I may be at my wits end and looking to trade in for a Sonos System, but before I do... has anyone been in my situation and figured out a way to keep the speakers online? I'm assuming not, as it seems like a lot of people here are losing their faith in the SoundTouch System.

If anyone has any great tips for me on this, I would really, really appreciate suggestions.

Thanks so much.

4 REPLIES 4
louisp
Mentor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Re: "Give us a minute to find your speaker..."

Try powering down all components then restart.  I had this happen on a previous update to my 130.  A clean restart proved to be the answer for me.  Good luck.

seanmier
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I tried this last night and again, it did seem to fix the issue for a moment, but this morning when I woke up, all of the speakers were not able to be found by the app again.

The WiFi icon is on on all of the speakers, and when I press any one of the preset buttons on them, they fire up right away. So I'm thinking my issue is entirely with the app not finding them.

seanmier
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 15, 2017

Also... as is the same for many other people it sounds like... the Spotify app works brilliantly. I can see all of the speakers immediately and send sound to any one of them immediately.

louisp
Mentor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2016

Even though the speaker links are seen how about repeating the pairing process?