esztergombi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 8, 2018

"+" and PLAY ALL does not work

Hello,

I have a problem with my Bose SoundTouch devices. Could you help me?

I have two SoundTouch devices (s.u.) and I can not use those in multiroom mode. They both work separetely, but I am not able to get sound from the second device using "+" or "PLAY ALL" button in SoundTouch app: if I play music on first device, then I click on "+" or "PLAY ALL" button, I see the second is on, I see the volume line but no sound from the speaker.

I tried four different source (three Internet Radio, Spotify) and I tried control the SoundTouch devices with 2 iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) and a Mac OS computer as well.

The SoundTouch devices:

1. SoundTouch 30 II with SW 18.0.11

2. SoundTouch 10 with SW 18.0.11

Other important information:

- WLAN router Asus RT-AC68U

- The devices connected to the same 2,4 GHz WLAN

- The remote apps connected to the 5 GHz WLAN (if I change it, the SoundTouch app do not find the devices)

- I reset the SoundTouch devices and I registered those again and I restarted my iPhone, iPad, Mac and router as well, but the problem is still

Many thanks for your support!

György

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
esztergombi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 8, 2018

Re: "+" and PLAY ALL does not work

Author Accepted Answer selected by esztergombi

Hi Brendon,

thanks your tipp, but i could not apply it, because of my SoundTouch 30 cannot connect to 5 GHz WLAN... 😞

But I found the solution: the option "AP isolation" have to be disabled on WLAN. I think, this is a very important information and Bose have to extend the affected user manuals and SoundTouch apps as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Gyorgy,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having with Play All.

Does this happen when trying to start Play All from either SoundTouch system?

Can you try connecting the SoundTouch devices to the 5 GHz network?  Does this help at all?

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
esztergombi
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 8, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by esztergombi

Hi Brendon,

thanks your tipp, but i could not apply it, because of my SoundTouch 30 cannot connect to 5 GHz WLAN... 😞

But I found the solution: the option "AP isolation" have to be disabled on WLAN. I think, this is a very important information and Bose have to extend the affected user manuals and SoundTouch apps as well.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
David_Wei
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

Has there been a solution to this problem? I have exactly the same issue with my ST10 (2x) and the soundtouch wireless link.

The play all mode (no matter which one is switched on first, no matter if via iOS or Android App) may work for a minute or two then connection or whatever breaks off and only the speaker that was switched on first works. All others look like they are on and working but no sound is coming.  Last time this happened when I changed the noise level via my phone. I rebooted the WiFi and the connection to 2.4 or 5 GHz make no difference. 

This is highly inconvenient and I don't want to become a network or technical expert to have those things working. I am (as possibly many others) close to selling the lot and getting the SONOS alternative.

please support immediately. 

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello David_Wei

Thanks for posting in the community!  We are working diligently on this matter as we speak as engineering is looking into what's causing these issues.  I would recommend following this thread HERE.  We will be sure to update the community once we identify the issue.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
jtprickett
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2018

Weak.  A closed thread linking to a message referencing a temporary patch they can send if you email admin and ask for it.  How about a real fix for ALL systems without having to make so much effort.  It's been months and all I can see is an effort to stifle discussion about a major problem with the quality of your product.

Highlighted
dvmeul32
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 4, 2018

I reached out to them and asked them to push the update.  it fixed the problem for a few weeks but now the issue is back!  really frusturating!!

Highlighted
jtprickett
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2018

Agreed I got one email telling me someone would contact me with the update but never received it
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi jtprickett,

Thanks for the post.  Your account was pushed the update back on September 12th.  If you look at your systems in the SoundTouch App, is there a small arrow next to them?  This signifies that an update is available for your devices.  Please try and update, and let us know if it helps!

dvmeul32: Is it the same issue as before?  Do your systems play individually?

Best,

Brandon