DF
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2017

re: broadcasting AUX announcement

Yesterday evening,

Mike Angelo
Product Line Manager, SoundTouch Software Group

posted the following text here: New SoundTouch Product Update confirming that Bose will introduce the ability to rebroadcast AUX sources to other ST devices, i.e. from ST300 to ST20 in late Summer 2017.

Can I ask someone to confirm if this update will specifically include the ability to share input from either HDMI ARC or optical into the ST300 with an ST20 and/or any other of the ST devices listed in the post please? 

I am keen to have this confirmed ASAP as I was advised prior to purchasing the ST300 that this capability was already available and I was disappointed to find out that it is not.  I am currently considering my options with regards to returning the ST300, so I would really appreciate it if someone from Bose could answer the above question.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Some of you have asked about the ability to rebroadcast AUX sources.

There have been a lot of questions regarding the ability to broadcast an AUX source throughout your SoundTouch speakers. So here’s the latest on that: 

In terms of timing, we’re currently targeting late summer (timing, as always, may change). Compatible products include:

• SoundTouch 10
  • SoundTouch 20 (all series)
  • SoundTouch 30 (all series)
  • SoundTouch Portable (all series)
  • SoundTouch SA-5
  • SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter
  • SoundTouch 300
  • SoundTouch Lifestyle 600/650

Products not included in this list, are unfortunately unable to be supported due to limitations in the hardware itself.

10 REPLIES 10
realwayney
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

Re: re: broadcasting AUX announcement

Thanks. This was why I bought the wireless link adaptor. I wanted to play vinyls on my (old) hifi and route them to the rest of the house. So I can't wait for the upgrade. Wouldn't mind a firmer date though?
DF
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2017

Good evening<br><br>I received the following update to my original post via email from Theo at Bose technical support in 18/02/17<br><br>Thanks for your email. Yes indeed, as the ST300 is listed below, WiFi streaming via both ARC and optical inputs is certainly on the cards for a future update. Obviously as per my colleague's post there are no guaranteed timescales as yet.<br><br>If you require further assistance, please call our Technical Support Service Line on 0333 3000 112 where one of our trained advisers will be happy to help. Our opening hours are weekdays 9:00am - 6:30pm and Saturday 9:00am - 5:00pm. Please be ready to quote any relevant product serial codes. We look forward to hearing from you.
Highlighted
4everSteve
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2017

I agree. I've managed to find a way to connect all my "old" hi-fi kit (turntable, tape, CD, tuner, TV, graphic equaliser) through my ST SA-5 (even though they said it wasn't possible!) so all I need now is the rebroadcasting to be sorted and my system will be working the way I want. This was the whole reason I bought the ST range.

edinbr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Hi Bose team could you please provide an status 

Thanks in avance 

Hi edinbr,

Thanks for the post.  As with any new features or products, we can't talk about anything that isn't publically released.  As soon as AUX rebroadcasting is available, we will announce it in the community.

Thanks,

Brandon

edinbr
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Hi Bose team i need an update because you offered by summer late 

Regards

Hi edinbr,

Thanks for the post!  The latest update has been pushed out and should include this beta feature.  Have you been updated to the latest version?

Thanks,

Brandon

DF
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2017

HI Bredon,

I have just updated my SoundTouch devices to the latest software:

ST300 - 16.0.12

ST20 - 16.0.9

App - 16.150.53

I have tried using the PLAY-ALL feature, but have encountered the following problem.

With sound playing to my ST300 from my TV (connected by optical sound cable as HMRC ARC is not working, please see previous post for details) I selected the PLAY-ALL feature.  Sound was broadcast to my ST20 speaker, however the ST20 was out of sync with the ST300 and the TV.  The sound being played from the ST20 was approx 5 seconds behind the TV and ST300.

I have looked through the settings and tried the following:

with PLAY-ALL enabled

from the settings on the GROUP, turned the VIDEO-SYNC option off (it was on my default)

this did result in the sound being synchronised between the ST300 and ST20, however the sound was not in sync with the TV, the sound is approx 5 seconds behind the TV.

Therefore, to summarise:

• with VIDEO-SYNC on, the ST300 is in sync with the TV but the ST20 is not - it is approx 5 seconds behind
  • with VIDEO-SYNC off, the ST300 and ST20 are in sync, but neither of them are in sync with the TV - the sound is approx 5 seconds behind the TV

Has this issue been reported by anyone else? Will it be fixed in a future update?

Thanks in advance for your help

markn455
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 19, 2015

With this update, will I be able to play local sources content from the Lifestyle 535? If not, will the Lifestyle 600/650 have this capability? I really need to play local source audio such as TV audio, Video player audio etc. over my SoundTouch speakers.