cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris10
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

ruese of wireless receiver (lifestyle 650)

I purchased a lifestyle 650 home theater system and have already pre-existing wiring for the speakers, hence I don't need the two wireless receivers (for the rear-speakers) that come with the home theater system. Can I re-purpose those wireless receivers and integrate those into my multi-room SoundTouch system, i.e connect those to a pair of regular passive speakers in another room to stream music through SoundTouch?

Thanks

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: ruese of wireless receiver (lifestyle 650)

Author Accepted Answer selected by Chris10

No.  To make sure they are a solid connection, they use a different type of dedicated wireless connection and not the normal wifi that SoundTouch devices use.  The only other way you can use them apart from a LIfestyle, is to connect rear speakers to a Bose Soundbar.  But then you still need the speakers anyway.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: ruese of wireless receiver (lifestyle 650)

Author Accepted Answer selected by Chris10

No.  To make sure they are a solid connection, they use a different type of dedicated wireless connection and not the normal wifi that SoundTouch devices use.  The only other way you can use them apart from a LIfestyle, is to connect rear speakers to a Bose Soundbar.  But then you still need the speakers anyway.

View solution in original post