Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2017

some Radio internet cuts on wifi and block the speaker (no detected in app)

Hello I have a soundtouch20 and 10 and when I listen to some internet radio (Radio City Bulgaria) station the radio cuts off regularly and the speakers are more found in the soundtouch application.
After 30 seconds the speakers are again detected.
My problem is not a problemon wifi because I have no problem with spotify and another internet radio.
In the application the wifi signal indicates "Correct"
The fact that it cuts isn't a problem but it is not normal that the speaker is blocked and is no longer detected in the application.
with an Ethernet connection I is no problem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: some Radio internet cuts on wifi and block the speaker (no detected in app)

Author Accepted Answer selected by Martix80

Hi Matrix80, 

Thank you for clarifying. It definitely sounds like something specific to those particular stations since other stations and Spotify work normally. I have sent this up to our colleagues at vTuner to see if they can help. Have you tried these stations with Bluetooth to see if it allows them to play normally? 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Martix80, 

Can you try to unplug your router as well as your speakers for 30 seconds and re-test? Does your router broadcast both on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz? If you're connected to the 2.4 GHz band, can you connect to the 5 GHz band to see if the issue clears up? The 5 GHz band would eliminate any interference that could be occurring on 2.4. What is the make and model of your router? If your router does not broadcast dual bands, can you try to unplug any devices that work on 2.4 GHz to eliminate any possibility of interference? 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2017

Hi
My router is synology 1900ac.
The router broadcast dual band 2,4 and 5.
The speakers is on 5Ghz.
I already reboot but without success. I have the problem only on some internet radio, no on spotify.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Martix80, 

Thank you for clarifying. Other than Radio City Bulgaria, can you provide the other stations that are cutting out as well? I'd like to see if I can get replicate the issue on my end. How often do you experience the cutouts? Does it happen every hour or even more frequently? Once the audio cuts out, that's when the speaker is no longer able to be detected through the app, correct? 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 11, 2017

hi Brent_B

It also has "radio fresh bulgaria" that cuts.
The cut is really random. It can work 1 hour and cut or ca can cut after 5 min.
It is when the radio that blow that the speaker is no longer available in the application.
It even freezes the loudspeaker because you can not change stations with the buttons on the loudspeaker (soundtouch 20).

Thank you 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Martix80

Hi Matrix80, 

Thank you for clarifying. It definitely sounds like something specific to those particular stations since other stations and Spotify work normally. I have sent this up to our colleagues at vTuner to see if they can help. Have you tried these stations with Bluetooth to see if it allows them to play normally? 

Thank you 

View solution in original post