Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2017

sound bar 300 just stopped working

Can anyone tell me what I can do to get sound again!  Please and in simple terms I'm no techie ....but very very frustrated with this - it is about to go through the window but I think its an expensive brick!!! (Plus don;t think my husband would be too pleased with window to replace as well as useless soundbar...

We have tried all the obvious - unplugging - rebooting wifi etc etc 

An anyone help,please or tell me how I can get this collected by Bose and get a refund.  This is less than 12 months old!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: sound bar 300 just stopped working

Hi AJCJ,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having.  Is there no audio at all coming from the system?  If you try to play SoundTouch sources like internet radio or another source from the SoundTouch app, does audio come from the system or still silence?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2017

Hi we can get Internet radio from soundbar. But Samsung tv now doesn’t even see there is the soundbar there.  From reading other blogs late last year it seems there is still a problem with Bose and Samsung. Do we need to return this for a refund...

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi AJCJ,

Curiously what is the model number of your Samsung TV? Do you have the TV connected to the system via HDMI ARC or the optical cable? I see that you noted that you attempted a reboot, curiously did you reboot the TV as well as the SoundTouch 300? If you are using ARC, have you tried to replace the HDMI cable that runs from the TV to the SoundTouch 300?

Let us know how that goes and we can take it from there! Thanks!

-Michael

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

Have exactly same problem. After rebooting both helps in 50% of the times. Hard unplugging both Samsung tv and soundbar does help for a while. Frustrating.  Connected via ARC with the most expensive cable I could buy

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Why don't you use an optical cable until Bose/Samsung get this figured out.  Since the Bose soundbar only does Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1, you won't lose anything by using optical.