Tomas123
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2018

soundbar 700 with bass module 700 very weird sound

Hello there,

I’m looking for help. I’ve got a soundbar 700 with bass module 700 and satellite speakers and together they make a very bad sound. Treble and high frequencies dominate, there are basically no mids and a the bass is normal or maybe quite weak. I tried setting it with adaptiq three times and it just did not help. Funny thing is that when I disconnect the bass module, the playbar starts to sound much better, suddenly the middle frequencies are much better (but still no big deal). if I turn the bass module back on, the soundbar just plays those annoying, ear cracking high tones. the satellites do the same. That sound hurts. It all just sounds like a cell phone with much sharper treble. I tried to put the treble down to -100 but yes then I could only hear the bass and still no mids.
Can you please advice me how can I balance that sound? I’ve spent hours trying to set it up but no luck. The sound is really bad.
thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: soundbar 700 with bass module 700 very weird sound

Hi Tomas123,

Thanks for the post!

Have you gone through AdaptiQ calibration?  

Does the poor audio quality happen on all sources?  Like HDMI ARC, Bluetooth, or Bose Music sources?

Thanks,

Brandon - Community Support

Tomas123
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2018

Hi Brandon,
yes I did the calibration many times, tried various places. the sound got better but still I’m having issues with the treble. the sound is very sharp and dominant you only hear cymbals and barely anything else. I have it set to +20 (treble) and it still quite hurts, listening to a dialogue on tv is almost impossible. (it so high pitched) I was thinking maybe I should do the calibration at some other place, not from the place I sit, but closer/further from the soundbar? will it adjust differently and lower those treble? the only way I can listen to it without earpain is when I turn adaptiq option off in the app. But apparently this is not what I bought it for. Please advise. I’m very sad about this.
Thank you
Tomas123
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2018

and yes, the sound is the same no matter what source. I did calibration according to the manual (sitting on 5 spots on the couch where I listen to music and TV, but you can hear the sound is different when you go through the living room. The best one without cracking high tones is just like one meter from the couch towards the soundbar. Therefore I tried to calibrate it again behind the couch but then the satellites (behind the back) were too quiet and it did not do much with those treble. There was a difference but not the one I would be satisfied with. I guess this may be a way, but I will soon run out of options. (does height of celining or height of your sitting position matter somehow when calibrating?)
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again Tomas,

AdaptiQ calibration wouldn't adjust the audio to that point. It sounds like there is an issue with your system.

I would recommend that you contact your local support center via phone to arrange for a replacement.  Select your country HERE and scroll down to "Contact Us".

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon