Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 20, 2015

soundtouch 20 series 3 audio delay via bluetooth when connected to laptop

hi,
purchased soundtouch 20 series 3 system. i have connected it to my laptop via bluetooth for better sound quality while watching videos. now when i play movies stored in the hard drive of laptop i get audio from the speaker with half a second delay. the same is the case when watching youtube and other video streaming websites.
is this a faulty product and am i missing something here? pls help
thx
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: soundtouch 20 series 3 audio delay via bluetooth when connected to laptop

HI Laveesh, 

Bluetooth connections will always have some small amount of audio delay involved. However, if yours seems to have an excessive amount let's try the following:

1. Make sure that the SoundTouch 20 is updated to the very latest software (version 10.0.11). You can always update the system manually by holding the 4 button and the Volume Down button together for 10 seconds.
  2. Test the Bluetooth connection with other devices besides the SoundTouch 20. If your Phone, Tablet, or other device has a different amount of delay then this may be related to the computer specifically
  3. If your computer is a PC: Check with your computer's manufacturer to see if newer drivers are available for the Bluetooth radio (often part of the network card on laptops). These drivers can usually be found on the manufacturer's service website by looking up your computer's model number.  (note that the using the "check for new drivers" automatic function in Windows will not accomplish this successfully.)
  4. Try a USB Bluetooth adapter from a 3rd party. These devices can usually be purchased from electronics retailers like BestBuy or target. They function to bypass the built-in Bluetooth hardware on your computer and will sometimes resolve this type of issue. (The adapter needs to support the A2DP Bluetooth service to be compabile)

Thank you for your question!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2016

I realized that on my linux PC there is cca. 300ms delay using bluetooth adapter. SMplayer (MPlayer or mpv) has ability to set audio delay.
Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 27, 2016

I have the same Problem with Macbook Pro Mid 2012 and Soundtouch 20 Serie III. With the Soundtouch 10 Series III work it perfectly
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi helmi1987, 
Thank you for your post. Do you know which software versions are on the 20 series III and 10? Can you try a power cycle reset of your 20 series III to see if that helps?
Thank you