Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 29, 2015

soundtouch 220 & Samsung TV UE50F6670

Hi,
i have the following problem with the above combination,
when i shut down these devices, the bose is turning on on source "TV" after a few hours.
does anybody have any idea what is triggering the soundtouch to start up ?
probably there is something working in the background when the TV is standby ?
thanks in advance for the solution everything is working fine with this system except this small issue.
regards,
ed

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: soundtouch 220 & Samsung TV UE50F6670

Hi Ed,
One component may be turning on the other via a wake up signal across HDMI CEC. Disabling HDMI CEC on either the TV or the Bose system may solve this. We will describe both options below

1. On the Bose system, disabling HDMI CEC can be done through the menu (accessed via the System button on the remote) However doing so here will also have the side effect of interrupting any HDMI ARC connection with the TV. If you use the TV for any on-board streaming media or "Smart" apps then this may prevent you from hearing that audio on the Bose system. 
  2. The TV will have its own internal HDMI CEC settings which can be changed or disabled entirely. Samsung generally labels these settings as "Anynet+" instead of HDMI CEC in their menus.

Hope this helps!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 29, 2015

hi George,
thanks for your reply.
I have tried both options.
disabling CEC on ST or TV limits the use of only the Bose remote control.
this problem seems to uccure quite random and i am curious to know what is triggering the wake up signal.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Ed,
A wake-up signal can come from any HDMI connected device across the entire setup. You can try removing each component in turn and testing to see whether the issue happens. Look for any CEC settings within your other components (Blu-ray players, game systems, etc.) to see if they can be individually adjusted or disabled.  However, since the "TV" source is the one that comes up when the system turns on in error, experience says that disabling the TV's HDMI CEC options will be the simplest way to resolve this.
If you program your Bose remote control to operate the TV by IR codes instead of via HDMI CEC, then turning this off will be less of an issue. Codes for LG will be listed in the documentation that came with the system. You can also download that code list from this page
For instructions on programing the remote, please follow the steps in this video
Thank you.