Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

soundtouch 300 bass module status led

Hi all, the soundbar 300 and accoustimass 300 have really been a huge headache ever since I got them. I am very disappointed in Bose for the lack of quality in these products. 

My current problem is related to the led status indicator on the soundbar. It doesnt accurately reflect if there is or isnt a working connection with the accoustimass. Right now what happens is that they seem to connect, I can hear the bass joining in, the status indicator turns solid white, but then after a few seconds the status indicator turns off. But, the bass module is still working. I can hear that it's working.  I have tried unplugging both for 30s and the same issue remains. I have updated the firmware through the app and the same issue remains. It's very annoying because now I cant be sure if the bass module is actually operating or not unless I unplug it and hear the difference. 

Anyone have a solution for this?

Connecting them through a cable is not an option as I specifically bought them for their wireless connectivity.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

Re: soundtouch 300 bass module status led

Author Accepted Answer selected by corbosman

To test this i pulled the plug and it indeed turned amber. I guess that solves is. The thing is, it didnt used to do this afaik. I havent had my bose on in about 2 months due to travel, and i never noticed this before. But I had tons of connectivity problems in november/december just like everyone else so im a little dubious. 

Anyways, makes sense. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 19, 2016

Hi,

unfortunately I have the same problem, ST and AM bought in December 2016, waited for all firmware upgrades, but no results.

Don't know the solution, but I'm sure that AM is working all the time.

Regards,

N.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

For the first couple of months of ownership, the LED for AM 300 was always on.  Then for whatever reason it only came on when the ST 300 was powered on, then went black as you describe.  I'd prefer it to stay lit so I know there's  a connection but I guess I'm learning to live with it as is. 

Instead of unplugging it, why not go into the ST App> Settings> Advanced Settings> Speaker Selection and turn the Bass Off/On?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 2, 2017

That LED is to just confirm that there is an initial connection, then it goes away so there is not an extra light on while you're watching TV. If that light ever turns amber, that typically means there is a connection issue. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

If that's the case, why doesnt the wifi led and the speech led do the same?  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 2, 2017

I'm not an engineer for bose so I can't say for sure, but the LED for the wifi I'm assuming doubles as a power indicator, and the second light is your source light that constantly shows you what source the bar is on. So there is really no need to have the third LED light on all the time that says everything is OK when a simple amber light would suffice for any connection errors, since they dont (or shouldn't) happen that often

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by corbosman

To test this i pulled the plug and it indeed turned amber. I guess that solves is. The thing is, it didnt used to do this afaik. I havent had my bose on in about 2 months due to travel, and i never noticed this before. But I had tons of connectivity problems in november/december just like everyone else so im a little dubious. 

Anyways, makes sense. 

View solution in original post