Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: soundtouch 300 sound bar sync light amber

Thanks for all the good info. Had my sb on almost all day today and all speakers working sub rears and no amber light on! sweet deal just power and Wi-Fi light on. I'm loving it now. maybe when power was off last night must of updated on its own hope all of you on here sound bar is resolve
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 19, 2016

Good for you tan_98016 !

On my side, in addition to the amber light and the sub which never switches off, another abnormal behavior occured : since yesterday, when I switch ON or OFF the soundbar, there is a huge "clac" sound produced by the subwoofer (it never happened before yesterday - I'm still wire connected to avoid having the permanent amber light)

Please BOSE advise ! (it's urgent, I'm afraid it will damage the sub ?).

@Brian_M: with such behavior, can I still rely on your statement that it will be resolved by a simple firmware update ?

@Sevmeister, I think I remember you also have this "clac" sound (sorry, I did not took time to read again the 21 pages of this topic !)

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

Hi Ouhlala, yes indeed, I get that loud sound from the subwoofer when it's wired; both turning it on and off. This doesn't happen when connected wirelessly
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 19, 2016

Thanks Sevmeister

I think I will consider removing the wire (despite the amber light) .... because I'm not sure such huge loud noise is good for the sub ...

It's strange because I'm using the wired connection since several months and it only happened yesterday for the 1st time

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

I'm assuming I'm not the only one who's been approached by Bose regarding testing the firmware update? Sadly I don't have the Acoustimass that's needed.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 19, 2016

Not me .... but I'm leaving in France, that's probably the reason

update: I have been approched too to test the future update. But the BOSE community admin email talks about an update able to fix the low bass level ... nothing about the amber light ... wait and see ...

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Me to just hope this is the 'ONE'

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2017

Hi all,

I have had a ST300 since a few months and I recently purchased an AM300 sub. Surprise, I ran into the amber light problem and tried mostly everything that has been posted on this thread. None of it worked. My interpretation of the problem (could be completely off of course) is that the SoundTouch running firmware 15.x has issues at triggering the update on the AcoustiMass sub, that is probably outdated.

Last night I tried something that, surprisingly, seems to have caused a successful update of the AcoustiMass. I don't think that the CC button on the remote actually triggers a forced firmware update, it seems to be actually just triggering a hard reset of the soundbar (loosing all the settings and calibration). I managed instead to force an update using the soundbar REST API (there exists a Bose manual with a bit of documentation of the API, found it googling around). Open a web browser on a device running in the same wifi network as the soundbar and go to the following URL:

http://<ip address of your soundbar>:8090/swUpdateStart

After this, my soundbar started updating itself and, most importantly, I got the white blinking light on the sub that should signal an ongoing software update. Since then I have not had yet any amber light problem.

Let me know if it works for you guys as well!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 19, 2016

Thanks for this feedback c0rr4d0 : I will try tonight !

Apart from the CC button (which is really supposed to force soft update, at least according to several BOSE messages on this community - Teletext button is the one to simply reset the soundbar to factory settings), I already tried another method to force firmware update.

It was given to me by a BOSE technician when I first called them to report the amber light issue:

- first download the firmware on your computer at https://downloads.bose.com/ced/soundtouch/soundtouch_usb/index.html?l=fr#soundtouch_300 (french BOSE website, I guess it also exists in english)

- then, using a computer connected to the same network than the soundbar, use your browser to go to http://<IP_adresss of your soundbar>:17008/update.html

- a menu asks you to locate the firmware file on your computer, then, once selected, it launches the update

Of course this method did not work for me (I tried it again after the last firmware update), but I will try yours : I keep you informed

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 19, 2016

Well C0rr4d0 I tried you method : unfortunately it did not resolve the problem in my case

The command you suggested is indeed launching a forced firmware upgrade, but it's exactly the same process than holding the CC button on the remote:

- the wifi light is flashing for a few minutes

- then the soundbar restarts (2 lights flashing amber during a few seconds)

During the process, I checked the light at the back of AM300 : no flashing, it remains steady white, so no update

After restarting the soundbar, I have the amber light again (and the AM300 light is permanently steady white, even with the soundbar OFF)

Thanks anyway for your help !