Avelino
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

soundtouch IV no sound

My soundtouch IV has been working perfectly for years. But it has decided not to play any sound from music services, such us Deezer or Tune-in.

Radio is working well, so does CD player.

I have alredy re-started and reset the pedestal several times.

The pesdestal is conected to the Soundtouch Software in my PC, and I can see in the Soundtouch dial the name of the songs, but sound doesn´t come out.

What can I do?

12 REPLIES 12
Jessie_O

Re: soundtouch IV no sound

Hi Avelino, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing, I will do all I can to assist you!

Can you tell me what color the light is on the back of the pedestal? This will give an indication of the connection status of your unit. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Avelino
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Dear Jessie,

Thank you very much for your asistance.

The light in the back of the pedestal is White.

Best regards, 

Jeff_G

Hello Avelino, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch. 

This would imply that the pedestal is connected to the network, which is great! 

As a means of further testing, can I please request you pair a Bluetooth device to the speaker to see if you can hear audio? Instructions can be found here.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Avelino
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Dear Jeff,

I´ve been through the instructions manual to see how to stablish a bluetooth connection and it seems Soundouch IV has not bluetooth conectivity.

Thank you,

Avelino
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

In fact, it seems that to link Soundtouch IV via bluetooth, it is neccesary to have another device, a "SoundTouch Series II wireless adapter"

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/soundtouch-systems-with-bluetooth-connectivity.html

Jeff_G

Hello Avelino, 

As noted on the link you mentioned, the Wave SoundTouch IV is listed on the systems that support Bluetooth. You do not need an adapter to gain Bluetooth Support. 

Are you certain you have the Wave SoundTouch System IV? This model has a Blue display, not a green one. If your display is green, then you have the "Wave SoundTouch Music System."

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Avelino
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Yes, Jeff, you are wrigh. The display is green, it is a "Wave SoundTouch Music System" 

Keith_L

Hi Avelino,

Thank you for confirming that, if we have the Wave SoundTouch Music system this would have Airplay rather than Bluetooth. 

When we try and change over to SoundTouch, either using the app or the remote, what does the display on the front of the speaker show? Does it show what should be playing from Deezer or TuneIn?

Something else we can check on the speaker would be the connection with the pedestal. If we were to unplug the pedestal and check the connection on both the cable and the radio, do the connections look like they might be damaged or blocked at all?

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Avelino
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Dear Keith, 

I have checked the wires and connectors with the pedestal and they dont look damaged at all.

About the second issue, while playing Deezer or Tunein, the display is showing the name of the song or the Tunein station, but sound doesn't comes out.

Thank you,