Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 11, 2017

soundtouch app

i am still having issues with my soundtouch app.  Cant connect to speakers.  And, no , I am not going to restart router, add my speaker again, etc....Already have done and tried all those.  Why should I be restarting router everytime anyways?  Bose, tell me there is a fix for this.  I enjoy your products but please dont let SONOS sway me into buying into their home speaker system for my next project....

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

Re: soundtouch app

I am having the exact same issue. I've defaulted my ASUS 5300 to default, removed and factory reset Bose and added them back.

I have 8 rooms with SoundTouch devices. The App is always looking for the speakers. It does eventually find them, sometimes it takes almost 10 minutes.

The only thing that I have found to work is to delete the app and download again - it finds the speakers immediately. Then the cycle repeats.

This used to never be an issue before more recent app updates. Seems ever since the entire look of the app changed is when issues started.

Please, someone at Bose, what are we missing???? (Yes, I have them on the 2.4ghz all on Ch11)
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: soundtouch app

Hi RebelNV, 

How many speakers do you have on Wi-fi vs. Ethernet? We don't recommend more than 4 on Wi-Fi because most residential routers can't handle  the additional work which can lead to intermittent audio and client discovery issues. If you have more than 4 on Wi-Fi can you try to connect the additional speakers with Ethernet and see if the issue clears up?

Thank you