Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 9, 2016

soundtouch application has stopped working since last software update - how to solve?

Hi Bose Soundtouch Support,
Since the latest software update my soundtouch software on my computer just quits on me moments after I start it up.
I have a windows 7 o/s. Before the update I never had these issues.
I tried to uninstall/reinstall. Delete libraries add libraries all sorts of different things and it has not helped me at all.
Internet radio through my phone app is working just fine.
Very frustrating. Please urgentl
Thanks
Steven

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: soundtouch application has stopped working since last software update - how to solve?

Hi Steven, 
This is very concerning. Please try the following steps and test for normal behavior after each"

1. Open the SoundTouch program folder in windows (usually C:\Program Files\SoundTouch ) try to open the SoundTouch app with the "SoundtouchC" icon to run the app in compatibility mode.
  2. Restart the computer into Safe Mode (with networking) and try opening the SoundTouch app from here
  3. Make sure that the windows system time and date are set correctly (incorrect clock settings can cause unusual behavior)

If this continues we may need to gather crash logs from your application. Let us know what you find.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 13, 2016

Re: soundtouch application has stopped working since last software update - how to solve?

Dear Support,
I have the same problem. It is very very frustrating indeed!
Kind regards,
francis
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi FrancisT, 
Can you try the same three steps that we suggested for Steven above? Let us know if you continue having trouble so we can assist further.
Thank you.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 24, 2015

Same issue here.  I tried everything you said and it still doesn't work!!!
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2015

George
I have the same issue and have followed your steps.  It worked with C. But not otherwise
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2016

George,
I'm haqving the same issue. As per your instruction I have ried multiple times but no luck.Really frustrating.Please provide a resolution .Hope your tech team is working to fix this issue.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

I've solved the problem on my laptop running Win7.  All I did was right-click on the desktop icon for SoundTouch, select Properties, click Advanced, and select "Run As Administrator".  The next time I started it, it kept working just fine.  The program apparently creates temporary data, which it was trying to write somewhere not permitted.  Running as Admin lets it do whatever it was previously failing to do. 
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

I have this issue too, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, repair, changing the app so it runs in admin mode but nothing. The app continues to crash - I'm running windows 7.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 6, 2016

same problem   soundtouch logs    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2T4wpK1ez8kLUlJYkM2Mm1VOUk