Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2017

soundtouch20 crashed my router

Hi,

I bought the soundtouch20 a few days ago. Ive tried to connect it to the internet (wifi and lan) several times and it keeps crashing my router so nothing works. 

I've updated the firmware on the soundtouch and the router and the problem keeps persisting. 

The main issue is when I try to connect via wifi. I will go through the Bose Android app and it will try and connect (after pressing 2 and Vol Down) - it then seems to crash my router and the router needs to reboot. 

I really dont know what's wrong with the device but by the looks of it, it seems as though Bose haven't really put that much effort into their connectivity development. 

To Bose - should I change to Sonos?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: soundtouch20 crashed my router

Hi comandoyle,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your system.

What is the brand/model of your wireless router?

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2017

Hi Brandon,

thanks for the reply. The router is a dualband Compal Ch7465lg-vm (vmdg500). To get it to work and connect (and not crash) I had to split the signal (2.4ghz 5ghz) and had to connect it to the 2.4 (i think). Seems to be working now, but I now have 2 seperate signals that I need to connect manually.

Any advise?

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Thanks for the info.  When you say 'split the signal' you mean name the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks different names?  If so, that is actually required in order for the SoundTouch to operate properly.  My recommendation would be to leave the two networks separate.

Best,

Brandon