Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

sountouch 10 as a set of external speakers

A couples months ago I bought a set of the soundtouch 10 speakers. They work fine on the network 

I intended to use them during my trainings outside as external speakers for my laptop. 

It's clear to me that I have to use the bluetooth mode but up till now i did'not manage to connect both speakers to my computer. 

Have anyone an idea how to connect an which steps should taken?

Regards Gert

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Re: sountouch 10 as a set of external speakers

Hi Gert,

while you wait for a mod to respond try the following -

Pair one of the speakers via bluetooth to the laptop, then from the Sountouch app create a group with the second ST10, then click on the settings "cog" in the speaker display in the app and at the bottom of the screen you will see "Create a stereo pair"

I've never tried this but I think this should work for you.

Regards, Keith

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

Hi Keith, 

thanks for your response, Your method works at home. My problem is when I take the speakers to a training location,  I like them connect as a set of speakers without completely reinstilling eand connecting the ST 10 speaker to the local internet 

And reverse when I am at home again. There should be an easier way ?  

regards Gert

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Hi Gert,

didn't realise you were going "off network" with the speakers, in that case I don't think there's a way for you to have them as a stereo pair.

Regards, Keith

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jan 9, 2016

I don't know the details of how to set this up but your laptop should be able to make itself look like a wifi network that the speakers can join to and then after that I think you could create a stereo pair.  

Otherwise, audio cables to connect the laptop's headphone jack to each speaker's AUX port are probably your best bet.