Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

speakers cutting out on multiroom use

Hi,
Can anyone please help. I have two SoundTouch 10 speakers. One in the living room and one in my kitchen. More often than not when I use them as multiroom the living room speaker (which is nearest the wifi box) frequently cuts out playing music, then starts again and then cuts out again. The kitchen speaker sometimes does the same. Will a wifi extender solve the issue?
Many thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 17, 2015

Re: speakers cutting out on multiroom use

I had this issue too.
Try and power the unit down for 10 mins or so, failing that a firmware update can fix the issue.

Check your user manual and you'll
See how to manually reload the firmware
🙂
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Go into the settings on the app and check out the speakers signal quality first.

What does the wifi light do does it flas or stay static - static suggests linked to wifi which would suggest its your source is the issue - my music occasionally gets interupted if a FB message or Messanger notice appears.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Thank you for your reply! I will try this out!!!!
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Hi mate,
Thank you for your reply! The wifi light is static so you may be right in thinkingbits the source. The speaker signal quality is good... still a bit lost.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Just wondering - if you are trying it using say wireless radio try it on a bluetooth input

May narrow down further

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Is even worse when i use Spotify which is connected to the bose app..
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 4, 2017

I also have the same issue, and it's always the extra speakers that drop out. I.e if I connect to st300 it's perfect add the bedroom speaker (st10) and it's intermittent. If reversed and connect to bedroom speaker (st10) first it's perfect but add the ST300 and the st300 starts dropping out. (The first speaker never drops out)

Because of this I don't believe it's the iPhone location or wifi... everything is running latest firmware as items are new and only recently installed and updated.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Yes that sounds exactly the same as my situation. So annoying. Making feel like taking back the speakers and trying sonos. What the point in having multiroom feature if it doesn't work.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 25, 2017

Did not spot this thread when I submitted my own message yesterday -

Having exactly the same problem, I have S.touch 30 (series3)  as main living room unit and a pair of 10's in Kitchen and Conservatory set up as multiroom. The 10's take turns in cuttining in and out and the signal light stays static and the 30 keeps going no problem.

It does it on internet radio but it's much worse on Spotify premium, I'll try the recommendations in this post but at the moment a very unhappy new Bose customer .....