Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2017

start tone

Whenever I start my Soundtouch 300 there should be a "starting tone" after the soundtouch is ready to use. But when I start the soundtouch 300 there is allways the same radio advertising (which is really not related to Bose). How can I change this starting sequence? I have nothing found in the community or in the manuals. Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 6, 2016

Re: start tone

Author Accepted Answer selected by Blackteddy

Since mid Jan, I was starting to suspect it was Bose injecting advererts but I didn't think they'd be quite so nefarious. Every time I would turn my Bose on to a streaming radio station I would get one of two different adverts, even with different radio stations. However both are country specific.

I think the software used by many radio streaming sites has had an update this year to detect when you first connect to a stream and to then inject an advert before the stream starts. Quite annoying on radio stations that already have adverts, you get adverts on top of adverts...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Blackteddy,

Thanks for the question!  Currently, there is no way to enable a startup tone on the SoundTouch 300, but I will submit a feature request to the software development team to see if we can add that.

What do you mean by the same radio advertising when you start the Bose?  Maybe it's from a radio station you're listening to?  We do not play any ads on the speaker.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 6, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Blackteddy

Since mid Jan, I was starting to suspect it was Bose injecting advererts but I didn't think they'd be quite so nefarious. Every time I would turn my Bose on to a streaming radio station I would get one of two different adverts, even with different radio stations. However both are country specific.

I think the software used by many radio streaming sites has had an update this year to detect when you first connect to a stream and to then inject an advert before the stream starts. Quite annoying on radio stations that already have adverts, you get adverts on top of adverts...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2017

Hi TimDonovan, 

this is exactly what I mean. I will check it out. Maybe this is the correct answer and the adverts are coming from the radio station

Thanks,

Peter

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2017

Hi Brandon, 
Whenever I start the Bose, I hear the same advertise. It's te same like TimeDovoan has replied. Maybe it's coming 
from the radio station I will check this. But it was a very pretty feature if I can upload my own "starting sequence" like 
"We will rock you". 

Regards,

Peter