Did you mean: 
IDYLLIST
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 13, 2017

technical problem with bookshelf speaker 301

Hello bose,

I have BOSE Bookshelf speakers 301 since begining of 2017

I bought it from Munich (Germany) but I live in Varna (Bulgaria). Soon after I brouth the system at home. May be 2-3 months later, I found a problem when I increase the volume almost to the max. Then I hear an annoying sound from my left speaker 301. It is seems something inside is not ok and after the vibration, it getting weak and the voice is terrible. It seems like I have 50 dolar's speaker. The other one is still strong. Everything is original and registered. Can you suggest me something or I have to travel again to Munich directly to the shopping center. It will be very sad if the problem is really technical. 😞 But it seems to me like that. (Only close to the max volume, but I like listening on max volume)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: technical problem with bookshelf speaker 301

Author Accepted Answer selected by IDYLLIST

Hi IDYLLIST,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this. It's hard to say without actually examining the speaker, but the symptoms you've described sound to me like one of the internal speaker cones may be damaged. In another post, you mentioned an SA-5 amplifier. Is this what the 301 speakers are connected to? 

For this issue, I'd recommend that you contact your local Bose Technical Support Team directly by phone. This way, we can best determine a resolution for you. You can find your local contact info HERE. Once you have selected your region, select Support, then scroll down and select Contact Us

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by IDYLLIST

Hi IDYLLIST,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this. It's hard to say without actually examining the speaker, but the symptoms you've described sound to me like one of the internal speaker cones may be damaged. In another post, you mentioned an SA-5 amplifier. Is this what the 301 speakers are connected to? 

For this issue, I'd recommend that you contact your local Bose Technical Support Team directly by phone. This way, we can best determine a resolution for you. You can find your local contact info HERE. Once you have selected your region, select Support, then scroll down and select Contact Us

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

IDYLLIST
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 13, 2017

Hello BOSE

For issue 1 I can consider it as a solved. 🙂 For the moment.

I improved the bluetooth signal with resetting the pair list. It still makes some disconnections or forwarding but not so often and not so annoying. But you have to improve it somehow. As I said before this was happend only with SA-5 not with soundtouch 20. In soundtouch 20 I hadn't got any problem.

For the problems 2 and 3 I understand the delay and it is sound reasonable. It will be great if one day this would be improved.With direct bluetooth signal to some of the bose systems the video is sync. With "play all" It is ok for listening but not for watching and listening.

Regarding the other issue left speaker 301 (connected to SA-5). I have a question. Can I send this speaker to the dealer in my country (City - SOFIA) nevertheless I bought it in Germany. I hope the garanty is WorldWide and once I register the product this is in some system and nobody will refuse to reapair it.

And one last question. If I am still happy with you 🙂 and not disappointed, my next plan is to buy "Acoustimass 300 wireless bass module" Can I connect it to the present system and Will be a usefull? I like the bass and good powerfull sound.

BRGDS

Mr.Lukov

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi IDYLLIST,

Thank you for your response. I will respond to the non-301/SA5 inquiries on your other thread HERE

As for the service center, please reach out to your local Bose Technical Support Team, by phone, to determine service options and service center availability. Please see the contact instructions I have posted above. 

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support