Misty17
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

universal remote control code for telenet tv box

Hi,

Just had a new Telenet digibox installed and now my universal bose remote control doesn't work on it. I tried both codes 01634 and 02941, neither one works. 

Can someone tell me what the code should be? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Misty17
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

Re: universal remote control code for telenet tv box

Author Accepted Answer selected by Misty17

Hi,

Turns out the new telenet tv-boxes require you to use the UPC code 🙂 

Thanks anyway! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Keith_L

Hi Misty17,

Welcome! Thanks for posting!

So we can provide you with the most accurate information on this, can you please let me know which of our universal remotes you are trying to program? If you are unsure, then letting me know which system it comes with will help greatly! You can double-check this using our Product Identifier as well.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Misty17
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

Hi, the remote came with the soundtouch300

Keith_L

Thanks for letting me know that Misty17!

For this remote, the correct code for a Telenet tv box would be 02941. When you have been entering this code have you been following these instructions?

1. On your remote, press and hold the source button of the device you want to control (TVAUXCBL/SAT or DVD) until all six source buttons glow
  2. Release the button so only the button you held glows
  3. Enter the code for the device brand, then and press the VOL + button
  4. Check if the remote controls the device:
    • For cable/satellite boxes, press the GUIDE button and try browsing with the Arrow buttons
  5. If the code works, press EXIT to save your settings
  6. If the code does not work, press VOL + to select the next code for the brand, then repeat steps 3-6.

The part of this process that people do sometimes miss is step 6, "If the code does not work, press VOL + to select the next code for the brand, then repeat steps 3-6". As each code you type in has number of sub-codes available, by pressing the VOL + you cycle to the next sub-code for testing. Depending on the brand there can be quite a few of these sub-codes to test, so make sure you do repeat those steps until you can control your Telenet box!

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Misty17
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Misty17

Hi,

Turns out the new telenet tv-boxes require you to use the UPC code 🙂 

Thanks anyway! 

View solution in original post