Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 18, 2016

universal remote samsung tv back button

on my samsung remote there is a return button, there doesn't seem to be an equivalent to this on the bose remote, only a back button which only functions as a last channel selected button. is there a way round this?
44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Re: universal remote samsung tv back button

I have the same issue. The samsung smart remote has a 'go back' button but there is no equivalent on the bose universal remote once programmed. The 'go back' button is extremely useful in navigating through samsung's smart hub and apps.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

Hi guys. THE SAME issue here! I was going to open a topic but found this one.

According to the manual, you can keep trying Samsung codes, from the begining, 00060, until all source buttons glows. Unfortunatly, I did not find a code that makes the BACK button work.

My samsung TV is a 2016 model with a control with very few buttons. The button that I most use is the back one. On the bose universal remote, there is a back button as well, but when I press, nothings happen.

Please, is it possible for you guys to solve this by firmware update? Are there any another option?

Moderators and administrators, please could you give an input here?

Thanks

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2017

I have the issue, I have 2016 Samsung smart TV and the back button on samsung remote and the universal remote does not match.
Do update the page if we have a work around.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Shakti67, 

Which Bose system do you have? Which model Samsung do you have? Were you able to go through all applicable codes as naolembro mentioned?

Thank you 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2017

Hi Brent,

I have Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar connetced to my Samsung SUHD TV Quantum dot display 8000.

Yes I was able to use code 00060 to add the TV controls on the Bose Universal Remote. I am able to use most of the key functions like Volume, Channels, OK, Exit, and Source, but I am not able to use the Back Buttom which is very important while browsing.

Right now I have use exit which exits the whole application instead of going back.
Thus I have stopped using the Universal remote.

Thanks,
Shakti
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Hello brent i opened this topic a while ago already the call center said the remote does not support the back button can u please refer back to my topic and provide a support to the button plz its been months already ive raised this topic
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Shakti and Jay, 

Yes, I want to escalate this up on my end. Thank you for providing as much detailed information as you have and for reporting this. The back button is indeed very important. 

Kind Regards,

Brent 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

Please Brent!

I sent a message on this topic on January. I have Samsung ks9000. It is the 2016 model. Because there is no back button I still have to use both controls.

Please just add support for the back button. I am sure Soundtouch 300 will not support any Samsung Tv model 2017 since the remote is the same and the most used button is the back on.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 4, 2017

Hello Brent please update us with the progress