Highlighted
LuiseM22
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

using ipod with SoundTouch

I've seen the responses to this question, but don't understand them.  I don't have an Amazon Dot Echo, and after researching what "Airplay" is, I see it requires that I have an Apple TV.  Seriously?  I can't play iTunes via the BlueTooth from my iPod?? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: using ipod with SoundTouch

Hi LuiseM22, 

Thank you for the post. Curiously, which SoundTouch system do you have? If you are unsure, the site HERE can help identify which one you have. To clarify, is your intent to stream music via Airplay or Bluetooth? We have some speakers that support Airplay while others support Bluetooth. Depending on which system you have, and which protocol it supports, it will determine which way you'll need to stream content from your iPad to your system. Please let us know so we can assist further. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Highlighted
LuiseM22
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Hi Brent, 

I have the Wave SoundTouch music system.  I have iTunes on my iPod, which has BlueTooth.  But as far as I can tell, I cannot use that to play my iTunes on this system.  I would not have purchased the system had I known that. 

Thanks, 

Luise 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi LuiseM22, 

Thanks for your response. You should certainly be able to play music from your iPod (assuming the iPod supports either Bluetooth or Airplay). We've had two versions of the Wave SoundTouch Music System. The original series, and the series IV. Are you able to see if the model number/name on the system's label indicates a series IV? You may also be able to identify the system by the display. The series IV has a blue-digit clock display, where the original series is more of a green color. Also, if the remote (shown below) has a Bluetooth icon, you likely have a series IV. 

Please let us know which version of the Wave SoundTouch Music System you are using, and also the iPod model/version if possible. From there, we can certainly assist in providing the appropriate instructions for you.

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

Highlighted
LuiseM22
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Hi Brian, 

Yes, it is series IV.  And I've tried that button on the remote to no avail.  My iPod has BlueTooth but is not picking up anything from the SoundTouch system, and the SoundTouch app is offereing me Amazon music or spotify, etc., but not iTunes. 

Thanks, 

Luise 

Highlighted
LuiseM22
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Hi again Brian, 

Mea culpa, I tried again with the remote and iPod, pressing the button you mentioned, and it worked.  I think it's odd that the instructions don't make this clear, the app mentions other music services but not iTunes, and the information I could find in this help forum offered answers telling people to use "Airplay" or "Amazon Echo Dot".  Nevertheless, I'm vastly relieved that I can indeed play my iTunes on the system without plugging it into my computer.  

I really appreciate you responding to me.  Thank you so much! 

Luise 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello LuiseM22,

Thank you for getting back to us with the results. I am glad to hear this is working for you now.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support