bartlowj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

v17 Wired Input Audio Rebroadcast

In the v17 release notes it mentions that performance will now be the same as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Does this do away with the Video Sync setting (v16 beta) and allow the main speaker audio to sync with the picture while also having the other speakers in sync with the picture? Second question, if you have a ST300 (main speaker) can you re-broadcast it's wired input to a SA-4?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: v17 Wired Input Audio Rebroadcast

Author Accepted Answer selected by bartlowj

Hi bartlowj, 

Thank you for your inquiry. No, the Video Sync feature is still available in version 17.x. When rebroadcasting a source that includes video (TV/Movies), you can expect a slight delay from your other connected SoundTouch speakers. Video Sync mode will allow you to keep the main system in-sync with the TV show/movie, while the remaining speakers in different rooms will be slightly behind. Disabling video-sync will make sure all of your SoundTouch speakers play in-sync (your main system will now also be slightly delayed from video). We only recommend disabling video sync when you are listening to audio that does not include video. 

As for the SA-4. Yes, you can definitely rebroadcast wired audio from the SoundTouch 300 to an SA-4, or any other SoundTouch speaker. However, you would not be able to connect any wired auxiliary source directly to the SA-4, to be rebroadcasted to other SoundTouch speakers. Basically, the SA-4 needs to be on the receiving end of the rebroadcast. 

Best regards,

Brian

4 REPLIES 4

Author Accepted Answer selected by bartlowj

Hi bartlowj, 

Thank you for your inquiry. No, the Video Sync feature is still available in version 17.x. When rebroadcasting a source that includes video (TV/Movies), you can expect a slight delay from your other connected SoundTouch speakers. Video Sync mode will allow you to keep the main system in-sync with the TV show/movie, while the remaining speakers in different rooms will be slightly behind. Disabling video-sync will make sure all of your SoundTouch speakers play in-sync (your main system will now also be slightly delayed from video). We only recommend disabling video sync when you are listening to audio that does not include video. 

As for the SA-4. Yes, you can definitely rebroadcast wired audio from the SoundTouch 300 to an SA-4, or any other SoundTouch speaker. However, you would not be able to connect any wired auxiliary source directly to the SA-4, to be rebroadcasted to other SoundTouch speakers. Basically, the SA-4 needs to be on the receiving end of the rebroadcast. 

Best regards,

Brian

bartlowj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2016

Brian,

Makes perfect sense.  The solution I wanted to implement was to have a sporting event playing on a TV connected to a ST300, and then rebroadcast the audio to my outdoor speakers which is connected to a SA-4(with additional SA-3 connected via Boselink to drive 2nd pair of speakers). 

Thanks,

Jeremy

Highlighted
Paul Westbrook
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 19, 2015

I can’t make wired rebroadcast work on my system. I’m trying to send tv audio from my lifestyle 535 to my SA-5. When I try to group the speakers the app tells me to switch to an input that allows broadcast. Any suggestions?

Hi Paul Westbrook,

Thank you for your post. The Lifestyle 535 w/ SoundTouch adapter is not compatible with the wired input rebroadcast feature. A list of non-compatible SoundTouch products and more details on this feature can be found HERE

Best regards,

Brian