cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bert.b
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2021

will the soundbar 700 pair with two soundtouch speakers to play music in 3 rooms?

I currently live in a 3 story house and have a Soundtouch 30 on the first floor and a Soundtouch 10 on the 3rd floor. I'd like to add a soundbar 700 or maybe a 500 to use with my TV on the 1st floor, and move the Soundtouch 30 to the second floor. I use the Soundtouch app to pair the sountouch 30 and 10 so I can play the same music on two floors. Will I be able to add the soundbar 700 to pair all 3 speakers?

Bose product name Soundtouch 30, 10, and soundbar 700

Country USA

Firmware Version- I have no idea. Where is it located?

App Version - also no idea. I don't see it on the app.

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: I am asking the question before purchasing.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) Home

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

8 REPLIES 8
Jeff_G

Re: will the soundbar 700 pair with two soundtouch speakers to play music in 3 rooms?

Hello bert.b, 

While the Soundbar 700 is of a newer software architecture and utilizes a different app to your SoundTouch devices, you will be able to play music from both using Airplay 2. The SoundTouch 30 needs to be a series III model, as series I and II do not support Airplay 2. The SoundTouch 10 features support for Airplay 2. 

Another alternative, would be to use SimpleSync via the Bose Music app to then connect to one of your SoundTouch speakers via Bluetooth. I've not personally tested this, but as you're connected via Bluetooth, you should be able to then create a group in the SoundTouch app to add additional speakers (in this case the 10, or 30, depending on which you chose to link via SimpleSync)

To see our full list of SimpleSync compatible devices, please visit this link.

Instructions for SimpleSync setup

To get started, open the Bose Music app on your mobile device and navigate to your Bose Smart Family product. Then click on your product’s image in the bottom-right of your screen, tap on “group,” and choose to add your Bose speaker or headphones.

Make sure your Bluetooth speaker or headphones are turned on and in pairing mode before you open the app on your mobile device. No SoundTouch app needed, even when pairing SoundTouch products. 

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch!.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
bert.b
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2021

Re: will the soundbar 700 pair with two soundtouch speakers to play music in 3 rooms?

Thank you for your detailed reply. My soundtouch 30 model number is: 412550-SM2. Is that model III?

I have an android phone (Pixel 3) and downloaded Airplay 2 but it doesn't pair. I also have the bose music app that I use with my bose earbuds, but it isn't pairing with the soundtouch 30. I am happy to try more things, if you have suggestions.

Before buying the soundbar 700, I really would like to know what works or doesn't work in terms of pairing it with my TV, Soundtouch 30 and Soundtouch 10.

Thanks 

Bert

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this bert.b. 

If you enter your serial number here the website will let you know exactly which SoundTouch 30 system you have. 

The SoundTouch 30 doesn't use the Bose Music app, so you won't be able to add this to your account. It will only detect the SoundTouch 30 when attempting to set up SimpleSync. 

Please let us know what model of the SoundTouch 30 you have so we can proceed with this!  

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
bert.b
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2021

I entered my serial number and the good news is that I have a Series III Soundtouch 30. Please let me know the next steps.

Charlotte_G

Thanks for confirming! As you're unable to use AirPlay 2 from your device, the best option would be to use SimpleSync from the Bose Music app. You will only be able to connect one of your SoundTouch speakers and not both. There won't be a solution to be able to connect them all as SimpleSync cannot support a larger group. This wouldn't be initiated via the SoundTouch app. You'd have to setup the Soundbar 700 on the Bose Music app, and then use the grouping to connect one of your SoundTouch speakers.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Have you confirmed Airplay for your speaker?

Your ST30 qualifies for an Airplay 2 upgrade. Contact Bose directly. They will make arrangements to ship the speaker and perform the upgrade. Once completed you can then tie your speakers using Airplay.

This will definitely be the best way to combine all your speakers.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

bert.b
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 21, 2021

Thank you Rickatk! I will ask Bose directly about the ST30 upgrade....or perhaps one of the Bose moderators monitoring this chat can verify that this is possible and what is involved, as well as who I need to contact to make this happen. 

I have one more question: If I did ultimately have to use SimpleSync to group the SB700 to the ST30, could I later choose different combinations of the 3 speakers that I want to play? For example SB700+ST30, SB700+ST10, or ST10+ST30?

Thanks everyone for your help. Hopefully this is my last question (unless something needs clarification in your responses). 

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@bert.b wrote:

Thank you Rickatk! I will ask Bose directly about the ST30 upgrade....or perhaps one of the Bose moderators monitoring this chat can verify that this is possible and what is involved, as well as who I need to contact to make this happen. 

I have one more question: If I did ultimately have to use SimpleSync to group the SB700 to the ST30, could I later choose different combinations of the 3 speakers that I want to play? For example SB700+ST30, SB700+ST10, or ST10+ST30?

Thanks everyone for your help. Hopefully this is my last question (unless something needs clarification in your responses). 

@bert.b 

I believe so. You can only choose a max of two speakers at a time. BlueTooth doesn’t support more than two.

I don’t see any reason your speakers can’t take advantage of Airplay 2. Airplay 2 is the best wifi connection standard for these speakers and their multiple apps.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.