Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 11, 2015

windows pc connectivity

Hi! I am new owner of a SoundTouch 20. I love it.  I want to play youtube music (from the videos) through my pc. The pc I have is a huge 20 pound gaming rig that isn't easy to move. I am on wifi. How do I do that?  I also have a windows 8 tablet (not an RT tablet, but full windows 😎 which I tried to do this same thing.  I was hoping I could use the USB for that, but no, that didn't work.  The tablet has a mini usb connection and no blue tooth, and no aux port. The desktop is nearly impossible to move but has no bluetooth.  I have a galaxy s4, which I use for pandora and such but I want to hear my YouTube music through the neato awesome SoundTouch 20.  Is there a way to do that or am I sunk.  ?
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Re: windows pc connectivity

You should have a couple of options here to accomplish what you want.  I'm assuming here that since you mentioned that your SoundTouch 20 was new it has Bluetooth built in.  
The easiest and cheapest solution would be to add Bluetooth to your PC. This can be done by adding a USB Bluetooth adapter to the machine. Something similar to THIS should work for you. 
The tablet might be a little trickier.  I'm surprised that it doesn't have Bluetooth built in but if not, you might have another option.  If it has a USB port you might be able to use the same adapter on it to add Bluetooth to it. If it's running full Windows 8 it should have drivers to use the adapter on it. 
Your Galaxy S4 obviously has Bluetooth built in so you can easily stream YouTube from it to the SoundTouch.  
Let us know if you need any more advice.  Thanks!