SM
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2016

you have an update!

believe me, i love updates... nothing like an app that keeps adding new features and fixes constantly. but Sound touch speakers are a bit strange. i dont think about turning on the music for the whole home often, but whenever i do, it has to update after starting up the app. now, it is not like an ordinary windows modern app that that stays updated in the background and is ready when you need it.. they instead have their own custom hitech update functionality that triggers when you launch it. by the time, 15 minutes later, i have moved on to other priorities, amd therefore never get to listen to it. weird?? sure sounds like a wierd approach. just bend backwords a bit, folks, and move with the rest of the crowd and provide modern app background updates. else, just stop updating LOL... i am dying to listen to the soundtouch speaker.

2 REPLIES 2
Jbaker
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

Re: you have an update!

Hi,

The trouble with the updating method you suggest is that its not just the app that is updating, often its the speakers own firmware that is updating so your suggested method wouldnt work in this circumstance.

Also why dont you just say "remind me later" to the update prompt if it bothers you?

Thanks

SM
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 28, 2016

Re: you have an update!

Secondly, the speaker is like a computer, itself connected to the internet. It does not require another computer for firmware update. It just gets triggered by the first computer in the house that gets software update. And this is not the first time in the world that a connected device will get automatic firmware updates. For example, a network attached set-top box or TV does not need a computer for software updates. I would leave it to the Bose software developers to respond rather than have some end user fire shots in the dark.