Registered since

Jul 15, 2016

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

trimley-dave
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Thanks for the info. Can't see how to use the URL on my Bose app. I have downloaded the riviera radio app onto my android phone and can bluetooth it onto my soundtouch, but it is not ideal of course.

JoJoL
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

@ Bose,

can you update us with some feedback please and tell us what solution you will provide.

Regards,

Jo.

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

tunein seems to be a poor replacement. Once again bose decided to not give customers a good experience.

The best rock sytation in Chicago WXRT i can't listen to any more because they ared not available. How can you just replace part of a system that I already paid for. Internet radio worked fine for me on my lifestle 650 for a long time now. And you just turned it off so you could save using a cheaper provider. 

ernescm
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Tunein is a test option! In Costa Rica do not update the list of stations!

Please consider the option of being able to add one the URL ..

With this update, Radio Coca-Cola For me was lost

Highlighted
StevePearce
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I appreciate that the site Admin is not the authority to deliver a solution and /or an honest response yet, however, any response from him, to the many posts, is more than reasonable at this time.

I, like everyone else, purchased 3 very expensive Bose products based on the functionality advertised by Bose and in place on the device by Bose at the time of my purchase. Stating the obvious, why else would I have purchased them giving payment directly to Bose.

In the meantime it will be my mission to make it known through all media channels to advise current owners and potential owners what Bose's business practices are and how it affects its consumers and their hard earned money.  

I appreciate we are not friends with Bose, it's a commercial arrangement/agreement between us and no more. Bose must understand under that guise they will be held accountable for their breach unless they attend to this 'non agreed' post purchase change to its consumer base. I can understand Bose are in contract with their new provider, however, an immediate workaround solution contained within the singular Bose device must be delivered urgently for the sake of Bose and its consumers.

To the site admin, I hope my words are clear so you can advise your snr Bose mgmt team of what is actually happening with its consumers and the impact it will have on Bose's future income streams should a work around solution within the singular Bose device is not delivered urgently. 

Emmel
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

@Jason_G wrote:

We have shifted to TuneIn as the primary source for our internet radio service on SoundTouch. 

We’re truly sorry for this inconvenience.

Your customers don't like this.
It's not an inconvenience, it's a failure.

So if it is not possible to continue using vTuner, give us the option to enter and store stream URLs!

That would be the perfect solution for all this trouble here.

YBB
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Hi,

Following your 11/20 new update of soundtouch with the shift to TuneIn as the primary source for your internet radio service , I could not found the main official french speaking radio station in Belgium: "RTBF La Premiere".

Could you please tell me how to retrieve it or include this station in your new TuneIn service please.

Thanks in avance

YBB

CptDobey
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

La Première does exist, search for "1ere"
csb137
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Very disappointed in this change, can not listen to Philadelphia station 94.1 wip.

It is owned by Entercom which you should know pulled out of Tuenin this past year.  

Please salvage this awful change of yours by adding url ability.

**update to say I am located in the USA