Scottomatic
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 17, 2016

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

I've been doing a bit more readin. TuneIn has quietly streamrolled this over the past several months. They are very likely the same people who are threatening device makers with lawsuits to get them to remove .pls streaming capability from their products. Bose Soundtouch is just the most recent to fall. I would not hold your breath waiting for .pls streaming functionality to be added back into the Soundtouch application.  <Post edited by moderator for content.>

AFAIK you can still stream .pls via Amazon Echo by adding a skill and I hear there is a similar method for Google Assistant but I would expect TuneIn's corporate mafia will be trying to eliminate that too. Amazon and Google both have resources to push back tho. You can still stream .pls via Mac OS or Windows 10. Bose could add an API and allow a third party to write an extension to restore .pls capability.

I really, really liked this box. At least mine are all Series I and II and I can use them for AirPlay. The buttons were great. 

StefkeDB
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 1, 2014

RTBF - Musiq3 can be found on Tunein under 'la 1ere'.  Just a tip. But please do something about this rubbish Tunein stuff. 

clearcomms
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

Agree comnpletely with David Brooks.

I'm a geek (I built the computer I'm typing this email on) and I still don't want to be typing in url's to listen to the radio. And the idea that in som,e cases it should be the only way you can listen to the station you choose is insane.

I want vTuner back, or a simple, direct way where I can find and connect to any internet radio station I want with a few mouse clicks or finger taps.   vTuner gave me that, and I think it is significant that in the "updated" oundtouch app, the "Internet Radio" button is still there - ie Bose didn't expect it to become inactive.

I am waiting for Bose management to understand how serious this issue could be for them, but I'm not holding my breath.

Abe.rubinfeld@att.net
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Cannot locate Detroit WWJ 950

ndevorphd@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

I want you to know that I am unhappy with the switch to InTune. I am unable to get NH classical public radio. I am unable to search for classical stations by genre. I don’t use any of the InTune features. I don’t know what hat pressure you can exert on InTune to be more hospitable to classical music listeners, but I think it is a poor alternative.
Gert Hoskens
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Are we being heard? How can we be more vocal?
As many, I now experience similar issues with the soundtouch 20 device.
While we as clients comment and complain and the responses grow rapidly, I'm not sure if we're being heard. So far no response nor formal statement from the forum moderators or manufacturer.
What more can we do so the problem is noticed, acknowledged and eventually addressed?
+ Post review on online webshop sites (Stay factual);
+ Tell sellers at the retail shops;
+ Share in the community;
+ Does anyone has the email address of the CEO or a member of the board of the manufacturer. Try to get their attention;
+ what about someone at the radio stations that are no longer reachable since the update?

The non response of forum moderators or manufacturer is the real disappointment. Bose is a premium brand and clients are (were?) loyal. We deserve a better service.
automan505
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

As per your post, my 2 cents ...Happy Thanksgiving ....

Re: Lost Stations Internet Radio

#1) 1010WINS nyc/world 24/7 365 newsradio     Big Deal to Me...NO Comparitive NYC Local news stations on TuneIn...fyi Why?   $$

#2) Radio Nostalgia - Netherlands.  Still accessible on the web not on  TuneIn

I have 2 internet radios Grace Digital & Logitech Squeezebox...messing with online radio for a while.

Really like my 2 ST10's L+R pair, just got them, upset & may return these(not what was advertised), but they sound so good. Even playing off my cheap tablet on YouTube streams.

How about a decent replacement for the IR radio abrupt disconnect. Or being able to enter / type a URL for a station not TuneIn supported. You know software.

My Amazon Echo 2 plays 1010 WINS...Radio.com...no problem, fyi. This disconnect we experienced is about $$. The web wi-fi radio market is very competitive and with major companies like what I mentioned above. You guys have to keep your pencils sharp, eh?

One serious rollout is the subwoofer set 3pc plus.smart speaker bundle offered by this major retailer. Bose support for my products has been terriffic and painless and so are other retailers too. I think I may try to "ride out"  this quandry that the company created. Bose future actions will determine weather it will remain a leading competitor or just stay in your previous marketplace. I am very serious about my future support of an American Based Company fyi. Thank You..

Ptitvdb
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

I fully agree with the comment, How to kill its own brand in a nonsense decision. I bought Bose as a 5 star brand, but my purchase is now useless because I cannot listen to Belgian French speaking public radios. And when I read RTBF’s comments on their webpage I understand the attitude of Tunein is a bit simplistic ignoring the clients behind the scene! I do hope Bose can develop an alternative solution for their clients!

MarkusCloot
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Dear Bose team,
Since your update on our soundtouch 30 we aren't able to find the stations of rtbf Belgium like all the classic 21 stations. We would be pleased if you could make them work again
Sincerly
Markus
Highlighted
paudux
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Aug 11, 2018

@Minos46a wrote:

In oder to have a good reaction of Bose, it's important also to write also on the e-commerce site (review) and also communicate to the press.

Extreme action to take, but nothing like good or bad reviews to make or break a product range, and maybe get commercial response thats in the best interests of the customers that are paying the money.