01/15 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Strident Supporter

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

@jeenik wrote:
The most listened radio in Czech Republic is Radiozurnal. Unfortunately TuneIn in soundtouch doesnt not support it. Please return internet radios as before!

No hope for this return.. now you have to make a link with bluetooth to have your station... no choice...It's pity but it's a fact...

Animated Arbiter

Friendly Fanatic

Hi Bose support.
Sorry, but removing Internet Radio was really big mistake! TuneIn in Bose device is not compatible with more station. Now I cannot listen these stations. If you are not able to solve this problem, please, PUT BACK INTERNET RADIO function as one of source!
Best regards,
Martin
Animated Arbiter

Main radio stations missing from TuneIn in Auckland, New Zealand:

Newstalk ZB (NZME Radio)

The Hits (NZME Radio)

Coast (NZME Radio)

Radio Sport (NZME Radio)

91ZM (NZME Radio)

Flava (NZME Radio)

Mix 98.2 (NZME Radio)

Radio Hauraki (NZME Radio)

Can you add these to TuneIn to resolve the problem you created

Serene Sponsor

I'm in the same situation (Living in China).  Now we only have chinese radio channels at our disposal. The Tune-In service is the worst move that could ever have happened.
Basically it changed our premium radio with worldwide radio channel availability into an ordinary radio...
Either Bose is not caring about their Chinese customer base (and foreign people living there) or they have not done their homework (by not knowing that Tunein is not as good as they thought)  

Audible Advocate

I agree with everyone on this. I own 8 Bose products and am a huge fan of everything they do, but the loss of internet radio makes my Soundtouch system almost usless to me. Tunein excludes ALL Entercom/CBS/Radio.com stations across America. That is the second largest owner of radio stations in the U.S. that has just had all of their content removed from Bose. This is a major issue and needs resolution ASAP.

Animated Arbiter

And while we are on the subject of internet radio.

When I bought my SoundTouch, there was advertised support for iHeart radio in New Zealand.

But the iHeart radio in New Zealand did not work!!! This weas because it came from a different platform.

Bose then remove the iHeart Radio app from New Zealand.

The New Zealand iHeart Radio then transferred to the US platform - so it should work.

But Bose has not restored access to the iHeart Radio app.

So since buying the system, advertised as having: Internet Radio, iheart Radio, and Pandora

We have now lost: Internet Radio, iheart Radio, and Pandora.

When I bought the system, I considered Bose to be a reputable, reliable company making quality products.

Now I don't.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

@SimonHP wrote:

Main radio stations missing from TuneIn in Auckland, New Zealand:

Newstalk ZB (NZME Radio)

The Hits (NZME Radio)

Coast (NZME Radio)

Radio Sport (NZME Radio)

91ZM (NZME Radio)

Flava (NZME Radio)

Mix 98.2 (NZME Radio)

Radio Hauraki (NZME Radio)

Can you add these to TuneIn to resolve the problem you created

I too would like to listen to New Zealands most popular radio stations, although the good news is that all the Government, religous, Student and small town stations are available, also that in New Zealand we still have broadcast radio so now that this Internet radio fad is being phased out we have an alternative :-)

Animated Arbiter

@xintrax wrote:

I'm in the same situation (Living in China).  Now we only have chinese radio channels at our disposal. The Tune-In service is the worst move that could ever have happened.
Basically it changed our premium radio with worldwide radio channel availability into an ordinary radio...
Either Bose is not caring about their Chinese customer base (and foreign people living there) or they have not done their homework (by not knowing that Tunein is not as good as they thought)  

Maybe Bose in all their marketing wisdom have decided that China, along with New Zealand  is not a large enough market to worry about...

Audible Advocate

Like everybody else on this thread I am appalled at Bose's complete lack of interest in their customers' feedback. Like many others I chose my Bose SoundTouch 20 based on reviews of the performance and the internet radio capability. I had a battle with my huband - "we don't need yet another gadget!" - but that soon changed when he realised he could listen to his favourite stations from his native Romania. Europa FM & Kiss FM Romania have both now disappeared - rendering my SoundTouch a very expensive Bluetooth speaker.

Yes, I can still access the UK stations I enjoy - i.e. the stations I can listen to via any analagoue or digital audio tuner device.

Interesting that the Bose UK website still promotes Internet Radio access on their website...Bose 1.JPG