Martin Brtek
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

All radiostations "CESKY ROZHLAS". I am from Czech Republic. Please repair it. This downgrade move Bose to **bleep** brand!
clearcomms
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

I agree with every word, Bromleyblue, but in your husband’s case all may not be lost.

One of the problems with Bose/TuneIn may be the interface, which seems at best very badly organised. 

if you open the app and click the location button you can navigate to Romania. Once there, poke about and both Europa and KissFM are there. They may even work, who knows!

Anyone who can’t find a favourite station should try this before assuming TuneIn don’t link to it - there is some chance they are just so incompetent they have made it hard to find.

clearcomms
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

I think this is the interface again - follow the instructions I give above and your stations are shown under Czech Republic.

Spectacular incompetence, which only makes the bad service even worse.

SeanMCMLXXI
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

I am an expat living in China. I bought a SoundTouch specifically to listen to home radio stations. Since the update to TuneIn I can only get Chinese radio stations. Please give us back internet radio.
Highlighted
clemvaness
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

Hi all, 

I agree with all here, it is not possible to continue like that with TuneIn. 

Lot of stations desappear, and lot of them are so bad sound quality. 

French topic is here : https://community.bose.com/t5/Enceintes-SoundTouch/Derni%C3%A8res-nouvelles-informations-concernant-... look at page #19 

We try to find solution, as end user, to save are Bose system. 

Please BOSE / TUNEIN team, go to work and find a solution to have HD quality as default and send a new software update as soon as possible !!

Every one here can also contact TUNEIN, I did it. 

Hi

Thank you for your prompt answer. 
But I think it is not the good way to solve the problem which is encountered by thousand of end users. 

We can’t contact each radio station one by one to ask to broadcast in HD!

For me there are 2 ways to solve properly the problem we face :
1-	TuneIn and Bose work together to find a solution and update the software
2-	TuneIn teach to broadcasters how to broadcast in HD by default. 

In anycase TuneIn and/or Bose can forward the problem to end users who have not any solution to solve it.
Useless to precise that we don’t want to use a third party application to listen webradio, as the Bose Soundtouch we buy and pay hundreds Euro is factory build to be standalone webradio broadcaster. 

Best regards.

https://help.tunein.com/contact

Bromleyblue
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

thanks @clearcomms. After the update both stations remained in my favourites but flagged as Tunein rather than Internet radio. But when I selected them I got the service unavailable message. I had already searched under Romania & checked a few of the sub-regions (Bucharest, South West etc.). I also did a general search withinTunein but I didn't find anything. I used both the Android and Windows apps. I'll have another go. 

clearcomms
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

On my SoundTouch (I’m in France) they were under Bucharest, and they appeared to work.

Good luck!

Loui&Carl
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 8, 2018

Thanks for the note about the update. I cannot find King FM Christmas Channel 98.1 when I search the SoundTouch app. The other stations (Evergreen, Classical, and Symphony) are there. Hoping the Christmas Channel can be made available.

I'm listening from Indianapolis, IN and on my SoundTouch 20 Series III.

Thank you!

Loui

bobek176
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2017

Dear BOSE, none of below radios are working since last update. Please revert back to vTuner along with TuneIn or allow users to save their own stream url under preset stations. Thank you.

RTVS R Slovakia

RTVS R Litera

RTVS R Regina BA

RTVS R Junior

.. and some others. Sorry to say but from now on the product is useless and if nothing happens I need to search for an alternative. Thank you.

Bromleyblue
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

thanks for all your help @clearcomms - sounds like there are geographical differences with TuneIn search results too. Those stations definitely aren't appearing when I search from the UK. I appreciate all your efforts to help me cheers.